Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We're talking practice?

Looks like full practices have officially started. The NCAA is allowing a max of 30 in the next 42 days. These can only total 20 hrs per week and up to 4 hrs per session. I'm really hoping someone here can give us a sneak peek on the goings on at Cintas. BTW, where the heck is the good news on Ben Stanley???
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

With the transfer proposal that will be voted on the 1st of the year, and is expected to pass with overwhelming support, I think it highly unlikely that any waivers that have been requested will be rejected. That said, who ever really knows what the people at the NCAA are actually going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    With the transfer proposal that will be voted on the 1st of the year, and is expected to pass with overwhelming support, I think it highly unlikely that any waivers that have been requested will be rejected. That said, who ever really knows what the people at the NCAA are actually going to do?
    There have been 7 rejected so far including Nike Sibande who went from Miami OH to Pitt. If the school you are leaving objects it looks like they are denying.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    There have been 7 rejected so far including Nike Sibande who went from Miami OH to Pitt. If the school you are leaving objects it looks like they are denying.
    Well apparently they were playing some dirty pool out at Oxford.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-waiver-system

Looks like a case of sour grapes on behalf of the Athletic Department. Haven't read anywhere that Hampton has viewed the Stanley transfer in anyway negatively.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Well apparently they were playing some dirty pool out at Oxford.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-waiver-system

Looks like a case of sour grapes on behalf of the Athletic Department. Haven't read anywhere that Hampton has viewed the Stanley transfer in anyway negatively.
    You mean other than they are not supporting it ?

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    You mean other than they are not supporting it ?
    By being dishonest about the players reason for the waiver request.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    But will that matter moving forward? I thinks probably not. Going to be hard for a court to support the NCAA ruling someone not eligible now, considering they are going to be giving everyone an extra year of eligibility because of Covid, and are most likely going to give everyone in the future one freebie transfer. I can just see one of those players getting a lawyer and going after the NCAA. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I thought we were talking practice?

False Advertising?

I'd be surprised if we heard much, especially in the early days.

But we can hope....and talk about NCAA rabbit holes (feel free to submit your preferred substitution for 'rabbit').
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I thought we were talking practice?

False Advertising?

I'd be surprised if we heard much, especially in the early days.

But we can hope....and talk about NCAA rabbit holes (feel free to submit your preferred substitution for 'rabbit').
    Yeah, I made the mistake of mentioning Stanley which lead to an easy hijacking.....very amateurish.

I am confident that if someone here can penetrate the cloak of secrecy at Cintas and provide info, the thread will get on track.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...us/3693472001/

OK, Nice bit of insight....naming ZFree a team Captain speaks volumes. He's going to be good.