Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Wedding crashers, old school, tommy boy, dumb and dumber

A little surprised not to see "Dazed and Confused" and "Easy Rider" on here. Both would have made the list when I was at X.

And "The Ladies Man": Say sweet thang, can I buy you a fish sandwich? (it doesn't work)

Yeah, well get ready to see a wet bird fly at night, my friend.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Easy Rider? That sure as hell didn't end like a comedy.

Junior
    Heaven Help Us, about an all boys Catholic HS, and what goes on there. Maybe not for everyone, but if you attended an all boys school, you'll laugh your butt off.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Easy Rider? That sure as hell didn't end like a comedy.
    There were funny moments (it's been years since last viewed), but the comedy was probably in the audience, not the movie.

It may not be the funniest comedy, but Groundhog Day is the best movie that is a comedy.

“This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.”
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    It may not be the funniest comedy, but Groundhog Day is the best movie that is a comedy.

“This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.”
    That's a great movie, but I think I'd take Midnight Run as the best movie that's a comedy.

Butch and Sundance? Not so much a comedy either. But in my top 5.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post

My maternal grandmother’s birthday was on Groundhog Day. I only know that because my father pointed it out so much......for some reason. :-)

Great movie!

In no particular order:

- The original Pink Panther movies (Pink Panther strikes again):

https://www.google.com/search?q=pink...hrome&ie=UTF-8

- The Great Race. Comedy with the ability to watch Natalie Wood, with Jack Lemmon slap sticking it up.

- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (if anything, for the cast, because you couldn't pull that off in today's movie making business model; a cast like that would break the bank).
    X A V I E R