RIP Eddie Van Halen

If you are a rock and roll loving guy over 30, you know how much this sucks.

2020 continues to be the biggest bag of dick eating year in my lifetime.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Damn.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

RIP Eddie.

Best guitarist ever, plus best music video ever.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Listening to all the Van Halen during extended Eddie Van Halen tribute, it even further crystalized that Van Halen is one of the absolute great rock bands and Van Hagar is utterly dreadful, sentimental dreck.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Listening to all the Van Halen during extended Eddie Van Halen tribute, it even further crystalized that Van Halen is one of the absolute great rock bands and Van Hagar is utterly dreadful, sentimental dreck.
    But AmX... It's got what it takes, so tell me why can't this (you) be love (of Van Hagar).

Right Now isn't bad but agree DLR completes that band like Renee completed Tom Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I realize I'm definitely in the minority here, but I disagree. David Lee Roth was a great showman, but he couldn't sing for shit and his lyrics were incredibly juvenile and repetitive (we get it, you're always horny).

Sammy Hagar, on the other hand, can sing. They definitely got too deep into the power ballad wormhole during the Van Hagar era, but songs like 5150, Poundcake, Amsterdam, Right Now, and Top of the World are among the best of Van Halen's catalog IMO. I actually think Balance is probably their most underrated album - Eddie had great guitar tone on that one. Really thick, beefy, guitar tone.

I'm admittedly a guitar nerd who loves a good Power Ballad, so my opinions my not reflect most people's!
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I realize I'm definitely in the minority here, but I disagree. David Lee Roth was a great showman, but he couldn't sing for shit and his lyrics were incredibly juvenile and repetitive (we get it, you're always horny).

Sammy Hagar, on the other hand, can sing. They definitely got too deep into the power ballad wormhole during the Van Hagar era, but songs like 5150, Poundcake, Amsterdam, Right Now, and Top of the World are among the best of Van Halen's catalog IMO. I actually think Balance is probably their most underrated album - Eddie had great guitar tone on that one. Really thick, beefy, guitar tone.

I'm admittedly a guitar nerd who loves a good Power Ballad, so my opinions my not reflect most people's!
    Ain't nothing wrong with a quality power ballad!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    David Lee Roth was a great showman, but he couldn't sing for shit and his lyrics were incredibly juvenile and repetitive (we get it, you're always horny).
    Exactly! That is what makes Van Halen so much fun!