Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

whiny little bitch

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...e-neutral-site

Oh no! Little Chrissy is upset! He might have to host UK this year in an empty YUM! arena and then go Rupp next year where there will be fans!

The travesty!

Boy that's one BIIIIIG problem you got there Chrissy!

Calipari told you to go Fuck yourself.

If it was Kentucky's year for a home game, I'm sure Mack would generously offer to play in Rupp two years in a row. He's just that kinda doosh....err, I mean guy.

I was soooo excited to open this thread based on the title...great click bait. It's probably not in Macks best interest to dook it out with one of the great operators in the sport. Probably need to sit this one out my man.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Wow. Not a good look for Mack. Nothing to call that except whining.

Reps to MHettel for the concise and accurate thread title.

Well, this could certainly get interesting!

I don't think anything will really change. There was some banter of them possibly playing twice during the 2021-2022 season if the game (or season) was cancelled this year, but since they're going to be a season it probably just means they'll play in a half empty arena. But, who knows? Maybe things will be a little better by then.

And...the overall point of the question he was answering was a good one. UL v UK is a regular series, so that's actually not as tough to work out as some of the other non-regular home-and-homes like UL v UC, which was supposed to start this year in Cincinnati. A lot of schools are trying to get games like that pushed back for this very reason. If it's supposed to be their home game this year, then they don't want to have to play it in front of an empty arena.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-25-2020 at 11:10 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If it was Kentucky's year for a home game, I'm sure Mack would generously offer to play in Rupp two years in a row. He's just that kinda doosh....err, I mean guy.
    I don't like Chris Mack any more than the next guy, but I actually do think he has a better sense of wanting to do what's fair than most other coaches out there. For instance, he stated that he didn't think it was fair to play at Cincinnati in front of no fans this year and then have them come to Louisville the following year, and that he was okay with pushing the start of that series back so both teams could play at home in front of a full arena.

(A bit of a tangent here)...Something is happening that I personally didn't really foresee. When the NCAA shortened the season by four games, it actually isn't the buy games that are mostly getting cancelled. It's the home-and-homes, and it's largely for this reason. Teams don't want to play what would be a good home game in front of an empty crowd. They'd rather postpone it and play it later.

So...what's gonna happen with the Shootout this year?
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-25-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Supporting Member
    He is Cal and Wright's little bitch that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I don't like Chris Mack any more than the next guy, but I actually do think he has a better sense of wanting to do what's fair than most other coaches out there. For instance, he stated that he didn't think it was fair to play at Cincinnati in front of no fans this year and then have them come to Louisville the following year, and that he was okay with pushing the start of that series back so both teams could play at home in front of a full arena.

(A bit of a tangent here)...Something is happening that I personally didn't really foresee. When the NCAA shortened the season by four games, it actually isn't the buy games that are mostly getting cancelled. It's the home-and-homes, and it's largely for this reason. Teams don't want to play what would be a good home game in front of an empty crowd. They'd rather postpone it and play it later.

So...what's gonna happen with the Shootout this year?
    My guess he did this for 2 reasons. First, because it makes him look good for his friend Coach Brannen and second to set up not playing UK at home in front of no fans.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    My guess he did this for 2 reasons. First, because it makes him look good for his friend Coach Brannen and second to set up not playing UK at home in front of no fans.
    Perhaps.

But, a lot of schools seem to be wanting out of home and homes rather than their buy games, especially if they are the home team this year. I wonder how much this season will even feel like a college basketball season.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Perhaps.

But, a lot of schools seem to be wanting out of home and homes rather than their buy games, especially if they are the home team this year. I wonder how much this season will even feel like a college basketball season.
    If I’m the road team, I say “it’s on the schedule, LET’S PLAY!” I’d think ONLY the home team would be unhappy about that. So I’m glad Mack has this little dilemma! Let him squirm!