Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bama offered immediate playing time, Travis told him he'd be behind a lot of wings.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Bama offered immediate playing time, Travis told him he'd be behind a lot of wings.
    I read that same comment from someone else, but I’m not sure that’s true. Bama has a 6-9 JUCO, who is a Jr, and a 6-5 redshirt freshman 3-star, land no senior, listed in the same position. I’m not sure Holt gets immediate playing time with either program, and I doubt that any coach actually promises any freshman anything more than the opportunity to have immediate playing time. No guarantees.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 09-25-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I read that same comment from someone else, but I’m not sure that’s true. Bama has a 6-9 JUCO, who is a Jr, and a 6-5 redshirt freshman 3-star, land no senior, listed in the same position. I’m not sure Holt gets immediate playing time with either program, and I doubt that any coach actually promises any freshman anything more than the opportunity to have immediate playing time. No guarantees.
    Any idea on when he is suppose to announce today?

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Any idea on when he is suppose to announce today?
    He just did....it’s Alabama

“I will be taking my talents to The University of Alabama,” he told ZAGSBLOG ahead of his public announcement. “What made me pick them is just an overall fit for me. Play style, close enough to home, coach [Nate] Oats, and available minutes”.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 10-14-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    He just did....it’s Alabama

“I will be taking my talents to The University of Alabama,” he told ZAGSBLOG ahead of his public announcement. “What made me pick them is just an overall fit for me. Play style, close enough to home, coach [Nate] Oats, and available minutes
    I'm fine not getting a kid who uses the phrase, "I will be taking my talents to..."

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I'm fine not getting a kid who uses the phrase, "I will be taking my talents to..."
    Agreed....stay humble kid, you’ve not done anything yet

"... available minutes." That pretty much sums it up. Hope it works out for him. Travis and company must feel like they are in good positions for the 2022 class with a lot of priority guys. When I read the Enquirer article I kind of got the vibe that filling that last scholly was no longer a priority for 2021 and they are happy with how things are looking currently:
    "The 2022 class is loaded, nationally," Steele said. "It's a great class. I just want to make sure we do the right thing with this last spot because, on paper, we still have some scholarships to give, but sometimes that can clutter your roster and it doesn't make it quite as appealing for a really good 2022 kid."
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

All-Conference
    If this is true, what's the point of even recruiting him? That's like a salesman asking a client to delay their purchase because the company is busy.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If this is true, what's the point of even recruiting him? That's like a salesman asking a client to delay their purchase because the company is busy.
    Telling a player that there will be playing time when there won't is like taking an order knowing full well you can't fulfill it.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Telling a player that there will be playing time when there won't is like taking an order knowing full well you can't fulfill it.
    Maybe the question was more related to the fact that we were already deep at that position, so maybe we should have spent recruiting resources elsewhere?