Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    OK...now that is welcomed news! Unfortunately, other than you, any back up info is non existant. Since waviers are being handed out like Halloween candy, I have been a bit suspect on the Stanley submission....WAY TOO LONG when you use the speed of the DJ Carton approval as a measuring stick.
    DJ Carton was 60 days. Next week Stanley will hit 90 days since he committed.
    Last edited by xufan02; 10-24-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I had a friend who attend practice last weekend. While there were no names on the jerseys so that with all the new players, it was hard for him to know who each one was, he did say that both Odom and Kunkel stood out. Odom is lightening quick and athletic, and Kunkel is lights out from 3.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I had a friend who attend practice last weekend. While there were no names on the jerseys so that with all the new players, it was hard for him to know who each one was, he did say that both Odom and Kunkel stood out. Odom is lightening quick and athletic, and Kunkel is lights out from 3.
    Not sure how amazing this year will be with so many new guys, but 2021-22 will be a lot better with Kunkel and all other returners adding experience.
    On paper 2021-22, will be the best X team in recent memory INMO.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Not sure how amazing this year will be with so many new guys, but 2021-22 will be a lot better with Kunkel and all other returners adding experience.
    Agree and agree.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

If recent memory only extends as far back as Steele has been Xavier's coach, absolutely. I'm going to have a hard time giving the 21-22 team a nod over a Big East champ and #1 seed "on paper", though.

I apparently have a better memory than you.

Junior
    During BE press conference Steele mentioned Kunkel contemplating playing this year due to NCAA extra year of eligibility rule.

In December, X has BE 5 games in 11 days. Great for us, but interesting to see how the players hold up and hopefully no covid cases in that time frame.

https://twitter.com/adamjbaum/status...904041984?s=10

More information on the the schedule.....nothing to get too excited about though

https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/...tball-big-east

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    During BE press conference Steele mentioned Kunkel contemplating playing this year due to NCAA extra year of eligibility rule.
    McClung cleared at Texas Tech and a Wake/Michigan transfer situation also cleared.

Let’s hope we hear about Stanley and Kunkel soon.
    X A V I E R