Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Yeah, but was it off one foot or two?

Steele can hire a new team every year:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/1...te-eligibility
    2023 Sweet 16

Nice to see X not bend on UC’s suggestions to move the shootout. Here is Steele’s response to Brannen’s video.

https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/stat...609241601?s=10

All-Conference
    I wouldn't have minded seeing a neutral this year, and then 2 shootouts next year on each other's court. That would have been pretty cool.

I'm also not a huge fan of X playing the "we're in a major conference" angle, when not that long ago we were in the same boat looking for games every year. I get it - but I'm not quite sure we've earned that arrogance just yet.

Call me crazy, but I know I'm in the minority of also wanting to see a home and home, every year, come back with Dayton. It was such a fun rivalry.

Those two rivalries should be bigger than conference politics.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I wouldn't have minded seeing a neutral this year, and then 2 shootouts next year on each other's court. That would have been pretty cool.

I'm also not a huge fan of X playing the "we're in a major conference" angle, when not that long ago we were in the same boat looking for games every year. I get it - but I'm not quite sure we've earned that arrogance just yet.

Call me crazy, but I know I'm in the minority of also wanting to see a home and home, every year, come back with Dayton. It was such a fun rivalry.

I agree 100% with you and I'll go 1 step further lets put Miami back on the schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    I agree 100% with you and I'll go 1 step further lets put Miami back on the schedule!
    Only as a buy game.

Junior

I agree. I think the easy thing for Xavier was to do what they did, playing neutral this year and 2 next year would've been a great solution. I think Brennan looked better out of the whole thing.

It's October 17th.

Does anyone know what our schedule looks like?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

From Adam Baum yesterday:

“As it stands now, @XavierMBB’s 2020-21 schedule reads:

-MTE at home, Nov. 25-27
    -At UC, Dec. 6
    -Oklahoma at home, Dec. 9
    -20-game Big East schedule (could start as early as Dec. 12)

I'm told XU should have its final two non-conference games ironed out within the next week.”

And

“It’s also likely that the Big East will reveal the schedule in sections. So we might get the December slate and they’ll see how that plays out and then move to January. Which makes sense in the event we have Covid postponements”

Fun? Have you been to a night game at UD, decked out in Xavier gear? There always will be an unsavoury element present, especially getting to your car after an X victory....not fun.

Rivalry? I guess, when you consider overall history and close proximity but when one team doesn't have a Road Win in over 35 years, it becomes meh.

No reason to schedule them for the same reason we never see OSU or UK on our schedule.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club