Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Somehow all the threads have turned into Covid threads.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Somehow all the threads have turned into Covid threads.
    The Naji NBA thread is still covid-free.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I also find it hilarious that people don't realize people can do everything right and still get this. It boggles the mind.
    They are just looking for someone to blame....after all, it’s got to be SOMEBODIES fault, doesn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Why throw them all under the bus? By not accusing a particular person, you accuse them all. By not saying what constitutes “risky behavior”, you leave all behavior to be judged as such. Just being a college student, or working on a college campus, is more risk than the majority of the population sees on a regular basis. My grandkids, just by attending in-person class, are more at risk than I am. Yet I wouldn’t call that “risky behavior”, or accuse them of such when their teacher contacts COVID and the school is shut down(which has happened).
    Are you interacting with your grandkids to the same extent that you would if we weren't in this situation? That would be risky. I'm guessing not.

I keep hearing excuses that essentially amount to "kids will be kids." And I don't accept that. The players and staff can stay isolated. They may not want to, but they can.

We've had 3 separate incidents now.

Just keep doing what we've been doing? If that's the attitude, then just shut it down and focus on next year.

Its going to take discipline. It might be hard. That's kind of part of the definition of discipline.

I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real.
    College basketball related...Leonard Hamilton owning the coach from the red school in Kentucky once again, 78-65. Thanks Coach Hamilton.
    This is the land of Peace, Love, Justice...and no Mercy.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perma Fro View Post
    College basketball related...Leonard Hamilton owning the coach from the red school in Kentucky once again, 78-65. Thanks Coach Hamilton.
    Real shame they have lost two in a row.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Are you interacting with your grandkids to the same extent that you would if we weren't in this situation? That would be risky. I'm guessing not.

I keep hearing excuses that essentially amount to "kids will be kids." And I don't accept that. The players and staff can stay isolated. They may not want to, but they can.

Just keep doing what we've been doing? If that's the attitude, then just shut it down and focus on next year.

Its going to take discipline. It might be hard. That's kind of part of the definition of discipline.
    Ah good ole Covid shaming. Do you know all these guys personally and know what they are doing on a daily basis? They could be doing everything “right” and taking precautions and shit happens. I mean they are traveling to games, interacting with the general student population.in classes etc.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-18-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hate to see it......
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Heartbreaking.....

...at least they are playing!

Would rather see them play and lose than not see them play at all? As heartbreaking as that would be.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

First off...my interaction with my grandkids or anyone else is none of anyone else’s business. Let’s keep it that way.

Secondly...why is so important to have Xavier basketball that you’re willing to have players lose their freedom to be regular college students and are willing to isolate staff from their families? Maybe you don’t realize that right now the whole team (players, staff, coaches) are all in isolation? For the 3rd time this season, they are stuck in their dorms or apartments 24/7. It’s bad enough that they are doing it for 10-14 days. I wouldn’t wish that upon anyone, and I certainly wouldn’t wish it upon anyone for MONTHS at a time. I would certainly not be in favor of forcing that upon the Xavier players and staff. It goes beyond basketball, you’re advocating that they become virtual prisoners in order to have what appears to be a “normal” season for the fans. That seems pretty selfish to me.