Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    This is a disappointment, and I'm looking squarely at the Athletic Department for what is now 3 separate instances where there was either exposure, or actual contracting of the virus.

Cmon. Get your shit together and stop the high risk interactions.

The Seattle Seahawks had a 17 week regular season with a 53 player roster and probably 10 coaches and managed to have ZERO players miss ANY time.

And we cant get 13 dudes to comply with some basic principles of minimizing exposure?

annoying
    Well apparently the players are allowed to go anywhere anytime with anyone anyplace.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    According to the BE, maybe only getting 18 games in or so. So now we have Nova, Uconn and Seton Hall to make up. If 2 of those 3 don't get played, we will have a much weaker BE schedule and hopefully we will have a better record against the bottom of the league. Don't see Jay Wright making up our game at Cintas. They have already missed 5 games.

On another note, I have been asking all year why they wouldn't move games up. No team should be on break for a week if they are healthy. Move games from the back end of the schedule so we would have open dates for make-ups. If X is ready to go by Fri/Sat, league should move up either our game at St John's, or Gtown at X. All 3 teams are open this weekend. Play Gtown back to back! who cares just PLAY!

We don’t know if this was one of the players, a coach, a manager, or someone else on the staff. It only takes one person having a breakdown to ruin it for the other 20-30. You’re not going to be able to put all these people into a bubble where their coming and going is controlled 24/7 for weeks upon weeks. Coaches and staff have families and outside lives. Players are still going to class. Players still have to visit the library, chow hall, labs, etc. in addition to the dorms and athletic facilities. Even if they never left campus, they still would stand a chance of accidental exposure.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    According to the BE, maybe only getting 18 games in or so. So now we have Nova, Uconn and Seton Hall to make up. If 2 of those 3 don't get played, we will have a much weaker BE schedule and hopefully we will have a better record against the bottom of the league. Don't see Jay Wright making up our game at Cintas. They have already missed 5 games.

On another note, I have been asking all year why they wouldn't move games up. No team should be on break for a week if they are healthy. Move games from the back end of the schedule so we would have open dates for make-ups. If X is ready to go by Fri/Sat, league should move up either our game at St John's, or Gtown at X. All 3 teams are open this weekend. Play Gtown back to back! who cares just PLAY!
    I asked Adam Baum this same question on one of his tweets. Haven't seen a reply yet. Also is anyone of the positive tests actually sick ? Just curious.

This is a disappointment, and I'm looking squarely at the Athletic Department for what is now 3 separate instances where there was either exposure, or actual contracting of the virus.

Cmon. Get your shit together and stop the high risk interactions.

The Seattle Seahawks had a 17 week regular season with a 53 player roster and probably 10 coaches and managed to have ZERO players miss ANY time.

And we cant get 13 dudes to comply with some basic principles of minimizing exposure?

annoying
    People have to work and live their lives. I'm assuming the coaches go home at night with their spouses and kids? Kids go to school. Wives and husbands have to work. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    We don’t know if this was one of the players, a coach, a manager, or someone else on the staff. It only takes one person having a breakdown to ruin it for the other 20-30. You’re not going to be able to put all these people into a bubble where their coming and going is controlled 24/7 for weeks upon weeks. Coaches and staff have families and outside lives. Players are still going to class. Players still have to visit the library, chow hall, labs, etc. in addition to the dorms and athletic facilities. Even if they never left campus, they still would stand a chance of accidental exposure.
    I don't know why this is hard for some people to grasp.....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I don't know why this is hard for some people to grasp.....

If you want to just chalk it up to a case of bad luck, then all the power to you.

I happen to believe that your likelihood of catching it is directly related to your willingness to engage in risky activities. And, we are now facing the third shutdown this season. So, I'm concluding that there have been some risky activity.

Not rocket science. Just regular science.

If you want to just chalk it up to a case of bad luck, then all the power to you.

I happen to believe that your likelihood of catching it is directly related to your willingness to engage in risky activities. And, we are now facing the third shutdown this season. So, I'm concluding that there have been some risky activity.

Not rocket science. Just regular science.
    Why throw them all under the bus? By not accusing a particular person, you accuse them all. By not saying what constitutes “risky behavior”, you leave all behavior to be judged as such. Just being a college student, or working on a college campus, is more risk than the majority of the population sees on a regular basis. My grandkids, just by attending in-person class, are more at risk than I am. Yet I wouldn’t call that “risky behavior”, or accuse them of such when their teacher contacts COVID and the school is shut down(which has happened).

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Why throw them all under the bus? By not accusing a particular person, you accuse them all. By not saying what constitutes “risky behavior”, you leave all behavior to be judged as such. Just being a college student, or working on a college campus, is more risk than the majority of the population sees on a regular basis. My grandkids, just by attending in-person class, are more at risk than I am. Yet I wouldn’t call that “risky behavior”, or accuse them of such when their teacher contacts COVID and the school is shut down(which has happened).
    I also find it hilarious that people don't realize people can do everything right and still get this. It boggles the mind.