Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    I think in the imaginary Covid world of basketball, my Pick the Score prediction won.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

According to the report it’s a problem with a tier-1 STAFF member

Junior
    To Xavier’s credit they got in a ton of games and scheduled well for non conference. Big East seemed to drop the ball, x had 2 weeks of not playing during big East play while heathy. Think the Big East needed to be proactive to find a game or two in that stretch for X to play.

I predicted very early on this year no more than 17 regular season games would be completed by the end of Feb.........

I don't think A LOT of people really know and understand how hard it is to quarantine for 10 days, let alone having to do that multiple times throughout the season. It may get to a point where schools start saying enough is enough and just opt out.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    so, is this the second positive case in this quarantine? If it is the first one, why wasn't the game cancelled before today?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    It may get to a point where schools start saying enough is enough and just opt out.
    Depends how many schools and athletic departments aren’t relying on the TV money and tournament money. If they opt out do they still get cuts of conference NCAA tournament money?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Which still sucks since the players have to quarantine right? Can't practice or workout?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    so, is this the second positive case in this quarantine? If it is the first one, why wasn't the game cancelled before today?
    When they didn't cancel UConn right away I was thinking maybe it was a second level support person and as long as now ore positives arose they would play. But seeing it is a LEVEL 1 or Tier 1 staff (if that is right) I dont know why UConn game would not have been postponed sooner.

Unless you are right and this is the 2nd positive case to arise?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

This is a disappointment, and I'm looking squarely at the Athletic Department for what is now 3 separate instances where there was either exposure, or actual contracting of the virus.

Cmon. Get your shit together and stop the high risk interactions.

The Seattle Seahawks had a 17 week regular season with a 53 player roster and probably 10 coaches and managed to have ZERO players miss ANY time.

And we cant get 13 dudes to comply with some basic principles of minimizing exposure?

annoying