Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    There are countless of posts in this thread that state otherwise and that you think he sucks. Which he does.
    Kokrak is definitely awful. If he was on the Ryder Cup team, the Americans would probably lose 28-0.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    There are countless of posts in this thread that state otherwise and that you think he sucks. Which he does.
    Dang..you're right! No way Stricker is going to pick the guy, he's terrible...couldn't even win a club championship at the local muni.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Just stop. You misread what he wrote and now you’re backpedaling and making it worse. He didn’t say “up and down” because specifically that’s not the metric. The metric is “around the green”.
    MOR is incapable of ever admitting he made a mistake. Sad, really.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Scheffler it is. Glad to see some new blood on the team with him, Xander, English, Morikawa and Berger. Was getting tired of the Phil show and glad to see Reed not on the team as there is enough "personality" already.
    Last edited by Xville; 09-08-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Scheffler it is. Glad to see some new blood on the team with him, English, Morikawa and Berger. Was getting tired of the Phil show and glad to see Reed not on the team as there is enough "personality" already.
    I would have liked to see Reed, even though I don't like the guy and think he cheats on occasion. The reason is how good he was last time, and how he shushed the crowd in Paris (?).
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You are so far off. Just admit you were wrong and we can be done with it. Around the green means around the green, hence the actual statistic (sg around the green.) It does not mean on the green which is a different statistic.

It’s relevant because I was speaking to the captain’s picks for the ryder cup and who stricker has left to pick from as the 12th guy. Or, was that point completely lost on you since gawd forbid I make a criticism of a guy’s game who went to Xavier? Get a grip.

I’m a Kokrak fan by the way…I follow golf every week and mention him about every week on here.
    See, after you chip “around the green” you still have to putt “on the green” to finish the stat so your garbage here is misleading and irrelevant. It’s a package deal.
    You take the L.
    I’ll take Kokraks World rankings and $6 mil in winnings this year.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    MOR is incapable of ever admitting he made a mistake. Sad, really.
    I haven’t. And I’m a happy guy.
    Sorry you are sad
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Strokes Gained: Around-the-Green
    Strokes gained: around-the-green measures player performance on any shot within 30 yards of the edge of the green. This statistic does not include any shots taken on the putting green.
    https://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/05...d-defined.html
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    See, after you chip “around the green” you still have to putt “on the green” to finish the stat so your garbage here is misleading and irrelevant. It’s a package deal.
    You take the L.
    I’ll take Kokraks World rankings and $6 mil in winnings this year.
    Why can’t you just admit you were wrong and move on? Do you have that much of a complex, and enjoy looking like an ass? The stat is not a package deal, the stat around the green is what it says it is, and he is poor at it by tour standards and this was discussed around the context of who stricker had to choose from for the Ryder cup. This had nothing to do with how much money he has made or his overall golf ranking.

Doubling down on your arrogance and ignorance.
    Last edited by Xville; 09-08-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Freshman
    And he scolded Ville for not doing research before he posted………he doesn’t have a clue what’s he talking about. I don’t think he’s aware that “strokes gained” are PGA metrics.