Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    As they stated yesterday, he's guaranteed at least $400K by playing in Atlanta. That's what the last place golfer makes.
    Plus further exemptions into pretty much every major and WGC events, along with better tee times. Sometimes the world golf ranking takes care of that (and prior wins) but this assures it. What a year by Jay… pretty certain we reverse jinxed him into at least a million.

Let's not lose sight of longshot possible Ryder Cup position. He did shoot lowest for weekend at Caves Valley (-13) and has played well enough in WGC, majors, etc in addition to 2 wins. There is a chance.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Let's not lose sight of longshot possible Ryder Cup position. He did shoot lowest for weekend at Caves Valley (-13) and has played well enough in WGC, majors, etc in addition to 2 wins. There is a chance.
    I think he needs a top 10 finish to sniff a chance. I think if we are looking at captains picks today we would see Finau, Xander, Spieth, English, Berger, Simpson. I think the first 4 are locks, leaving 2 spots for: Berger, Simpson, Scheffler, Reed, Kokrak, Na, Burns, Horschel, Kisner.

That’s a rough road. But yes, there’s a chance!

The PGA has banned spectators from saying the word "Brooksie."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/202...on-dechambeau/

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    The PGA has banned spectators from saying the word "Brooksie."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/202...on-dechambeau/
    A little ridiculous it has come to this, but if something didn’t happen soon, there might be a malace at the palace situation on the golf course at some point. I don’t like Bryson and quite frankly there are a few players on the tour that are generally unlikeable. However, I’m not going to go be an ass to them if I’m at a tournament and not sure why others feel the need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I think he needs a top 10 finish to sniff a chance. I think if we are looking at captains picks today we would see Finau, Xander, Spieth, English, Berger, Simpson. I think the first 4 are locks, leaving 2 spots for: Berger, Simpson, Scheffler, Reed, Kokrak, Na, Burns, Horschel, Kisner.

That’s a rough road. But yes, there’s a chance!
    Being one of the longest hitters, and #2 in putting stats this season should put him on the squad if you're asking me.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Being one of the longest hitters, and #2 in putting stats this season should put him on the squad if you're asking me.
    Don’t disagree and perhaps your opinion matters more than mine but I have no pull with Steve Stricker! Maybe JP can help…

Supporting Member
    Even though he doesn’t deserve it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Phil was a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Even though he doesn’t deserve it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Phil was a pick.
    One of my favorite golfers over the years and great to see him win a major this year. But please no!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    One of my favorite golfers over the years and great to see him win a major this year. But please no!
    Agree completely