Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I wonder what it costs him each year for travel, lodging, meals, etc. That’s got to be a lot of jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just some rough, silly numbers: assume he plays 30 events per year. Assume 6 days per event: 4 in competition and 2 for practice. Now assume for giggles that he goes all full Ritz-Carlton mode for each of those nights ($400/night), even though he probably has some deals worked out along the way over the course of the year with other arrangements. Lodging, using those assumptions, comes in at $72k per year.

Assuming he's always buying his food, which probably isn't realistic, and assuming he's not in full Xavier mode when it comes to alcohol while on tour duty, the food bill might be half that figure, which, frankly, is a lot of food on average -- not steakhouses every night, but not fast food all the time, either.

Travel? Who knows. Does he share NetJets with others? Does he have a nice $3mm motorhome he tools around in? Does he simply do commercial first class for the Hawaii and west coast stuff and the Florida swing?

I believe it is safe to say that, even after compensating his caddy handsomely, he is banking a lot of his income, after getting eaten alive by taxes.
    X A V I E R

Pretty much all of that would be a tax write off - correct
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I wonder what it costs him each year for travel, lodging, meals, etc. That’s got to be a lot of jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NO DOUBT! Hopefully as he gets more entrenched as “a name” in golf and with a couple wins the endorsement money grows enough to make that burden sting a lot less!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Pretty much all of that would be a tax write off - correct
    Yes. His operating expenses as a golf pro.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Set your alarms for 3am Thursday; Jason tees off at 3:04 with Koepka and Garrick Higgo.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Just some rough, silly numbers: assume he plays 30 events per year. Assume 6 days per event: 4 in competition and 2 for practice. Now assume for giggles that he goes all full Ritz-Carlton mode for each of those nights ($400/night), even though he probably has some deals worked out along the way over the course of the year with other arrangements. Lodging, using those assumptions, comes in at $72k per year.

Assuming he's always buying his food, which probably isn't realistic, and assuming he's not in full Xavier mode when it comes to alcohol while on tour duty, the food bill might be half that figure, which, frankly, is a lot of food on average -- not steakhouses every night, but not fast food all the time, either.

Travel? Who knows. Does he share NetJets with others? Does he have a nice $3mm motorhome he tools around in? Does he simply do commercial first class for the Hawaii and west coast stuff and the Florida swing?

I believe it is safe to say that, even after compensating his caddy handsomely, he is banking a lot of his income, after getting eaten alive by taxes.
    You forgot agent/manager, coach(es), sports psychologist (?), physio, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    You forgot agent/manager, coach(es), sports psychologist (?), physio, etc.
    Good point. Thanks.
    X A V I E R

Kokrak with an even par 70 this morning.

I am rooting for him, Hovland (+3300), Spieth top ten (+190), Grace top ten (+550), Cink (+13000), and Hoffman top ten (+900).

Like Rory this week too a lot so I’m sure he’ll miss cut.

Would it kill the Golf Channel to show one of his shots occasionally?
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Would it kill the Golf Channel to show one of his shots occasionally?
    They showed a few early in the round and when he was -1, but then there was nothing once he went to E. I love Kokrak because of where he went to school, but if we are being honest, he doesn’t move the needle for anyone outside of Xavier fans.