Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Could the Big 10 be consistently overrated?
    Every year. I’ll give Ohio state some due in that they have had some good teams in the past, this wasn’t one of them. Fields has nfl bust written all over him, and their d is not what it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Every year. I’ll give Ohio state some due in that they have had some good teams in the past, this wasn’t one of them. Fields has nfl bust written all over him, and their d is not what it usually is.
    Agree. Would’ve like to have seen IU play Georgia or Oklahoma but they lost to a very mediocre Ole Miss team.

Junior
    Hate OSU. It was truly an Alabama then everyone else year....It was supposedly an Alabama/Clemson then everyone else..but OSU blew the doors off Clemson. They were the 2nd best team this season.

Hell, looking at recruiting, consistency, etc. OSU has been the 2nd best program for the last 20 years. Hate the fan base but they have the arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Hate OSU. It was truly an Alabama then everyone else year....It was supposedly an Alabama/Clemson then everyone else..but OSU blew the doors off Clemson. They were the 2nd best team this season.

Hell, looking at recruiting, consistency, etc. OSU has been the 2nd best program for the last 20 years. Hate the fan base but they have the arguments.
    Meh, I don't think they're a clear number two. They have the same quality win as ND and ND is by no means a number two team. They have no wideouts who can make plays at that level and a QB who's deep ball is limited.

Junior
    Fair enough- I just think everyone said a healthy Clemson was the clear #2 and OSU dominated them. I guess there are probably 3-4 teams on a level below Bama and OSU is in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Fair enough- I just think everyone said a healthy Clemson was the clear #2 and OSU dominated them. I guess there are probably 3-4 teams on a level below Bama and OSU is in that group.
    I agree with you there. Bama is the standard these days. I'm hoping Saban is happy with passing Bryant and looks for another dynasty to build. Perhaps another school with a storied tradition that has gone 30+ years without a title, in Indiana, that would pay him whatever he wants and has a national fan base......I can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    I agree with you there. Bama is the standard these days. I'm hoping Saban is happy with passing Bryant and looks for another dynasty to build. Perhaps another school with a storied tradition that has gone 30+ years without a title, in Indiana, that would pay him whatever he wants and has a national fan base......I can dream...
    I made quite a bit of money last night hammering all sorts of Bama lines, props, etc. I love the Bama standard. And hate to break it to ya, but Saban is a good ole' WV boy, so he's gonna go to WVU and bring a natty home (yes, I'm joking, but no, some WVU fans truly believe this, can also replace Saban with Jimbo Fisher and the narrative is the same)

In 1996, I went to East Lansing, MI and watched a Ron Cooper coached Louisville football team beat a Nick Saban coached Michigan State team. Given what we now know about those two coaches, that may have been the biggest upset in college football history.

Granted, Louisville kind of won that game on accident. Louisville trailed 10-0 until the great Jason Payne got injured and was replaced with freshman Chris Redman, who only threw for 12,500 yards in college and 84 TDs and then spent 8 seasons in the NFL. Cooper couldn't even figure that personnel decision out, and it had to be thrust upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I made quite a bit of money last night hammering all sorts of Bama lines, props, etc. I love the Bama standard. And hate to break it to ya, but Saban is a good ole' WV boy, so he's gonna go to WVU and bring a natty home (yes, I'm joking, but no, some WVU fans truly believe this, can also replace Saban with Jimbo Fisher and the narrative is the same)
    Did you see Fan Duel had an odds boost last night for Bama -110. Easy money

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Love to see him at WVU. Won’t happen but if he did could he bring Moss on as a receiver coach and White Chocolate as well? I’d watch that.