Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Enquirer article on freshman

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Big (fresh)men on campus: How Xavier's newest class is busy building a bond

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ng/5616577002/

It’s possible that you’ve got to be a subscriber to read this, but thought it was worth a try posting it

Can't get it - maybe you can copy and paste.
    2023 Sweet 16

I’ll try

Would love to hear ANYTHING about Odom.

Odom has the first quote in the article. Nice off season snipit really. Odom saying how the 3 freshmen have been in contact since they committed. Communication through phone calls and texts. When they all got on campus it was a very natural fit. All 3 are learning and are impressed with the "older" guys. Scruggs, Carter and transfer Ben Stanley mentioned specifically. Coaching staff is the same type of people they built a relationship with. By that I mean they are invested in them as people and developing their strengths and weaknesses. No bill of goods sold basically. Matt Jennings is a funny dude but kicks their butt in the weight room. I subscribe to the online Enquirer. Figure for a couple bucks a month I get some Muskie articles and keep in touch with the daily soap opera of city counsel, even though I don't live in town or Hamilton county.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

"When we first got to campus back in June, I thought it was going to take a while for us to connect, but really, the first day when I got there and Colby got there – CJ was already there for two days – but when we all got in the room together we connected as quick as possible," said Odom, who has a case of Yoo-hoo chocolate drink proudly on display on a shelf behind him in his dorm room during a recent Zoom interview.

"Everybody brings something to the table that impresses me. The first week I was here I gained a lot of respect for Jason Carter," said Wilcher, who's roommates with Jones. "I didn’t know he was that good."

"Paul Scruggs. Learning a lot from him," said Odom. "Coming off of ball screens, reading the floor, doing that better. Paul is really impressive making decisions, playing slow to fast, so that’s what I’m getting better at."

Relationship and trust with the coaches was one of my big things when I was looking for a college to go to and they showed it when they recruited me and it’s been the same thing since I got up here," said Jones. "They’re the same people they were when they recruited me. It’s been fun."

"He is a fun dude to be around, but the workouts can be hell sometimes," Wilcher said. "I’m still sore from two days ago. It’s been tough but it’s been enjoyable. The work is work. We’re all working hard. We make it fun. We push each other in the weight room. Coach Jennings has his jokes. It’s always a good time in there."