Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricanes 2020

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Cat 4 now. Could be a 5.
    After 30 years in hurricane territory, the rule of thumb became Cat 1-3, no big deal. Hunker down, hope you don’t lose power/AC for a few hours.

Cat 4 or 5? Get the hell out of Dodge!!! Run away like Monty Python fleeing from the sight of a murderous ninja bunny!

I saw a meterologist explaining how the two hurricanes couldn't have ever merged to make a "super cane," and thought it was interesting, basically the inner part where the eye is has rising air pressure, while towards the extremities outwards, it has lowering air pressure, so the bigger cane's rising pressure basically suppresses the smaller cane's lowering pressure thus making it weaker. It's physically impossible basically for the hurricanes to merge. Wild.

Whoa...Jim Cantore may be coming to my TeeVee.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    After 30 years in hurricane territory, the rule of thumb became Cat 1-3, no big deal. Hunker down, hope you don’t lose power/AC for a few hours.

Cat 4 or 5? Get the hell out of Dodge!!! Run away like Monty Python fleeing from the sight of a murderous ninja bunny!
    Ninja bunny. Well done!
    X A V I E R