Cool Website- deep XU stats

https://www.hoop-math.com/Xavier2020.php

If you have any interest in deeper stats around player tendencies, then this website I stumbled into might be of interest.

It provides a breakdown of "shots at the rim", 2 pt jumpers, 3 pointers, etc and tells you whether or not those shots came from an assist, or not (meaning essentially that it was a created shot).

Found it interesting that only 70% of Naji's 3's came off an assist. Looking at prior years, most guys have 85%+ of their 3's coming from an assist (catch and shoot).

Also interesting to me is the LOW rate of "at the rim" and 2 pt baskets that Scruggs made off of an assist. I think he just took his man off the dribble. I'm back to the idea of Scruggs at the 3. If he can take a guard off the dribble and finish, then I sure think he can blow by a bigger wing just as easy...

Cool Website- deep XU stats

https://www.hoop-math.com/Xavier2020.php

If you have any interest in deeper stats around player tendencies, then this website I stumbled into might be of interest.

It provides a breakdown of "shots at the rim", 2 pt jumpers, 3 pointers, etc and tells you whether or not those shots came from an assist, or not (meaning essentially that it was a created shot).

Found it interesting that only 70% of Naji's 3's came off an assist. Looking at prior years, most guys have 85%+ of their 3's coming from an assist (catch and shoot).

Also interesting to me is the LOW rate of "at the rim" and 2 pt baskets that Scruggs made off of an assist. I think he just took his man off the dribble. I'm back to the idea of Scruggs at the 3. If he can take a guard off the dribble and finish, then I sure think he can blow by a bigger wing just as easy...

Good site.

Naji's relatively low assist to 3 point percentage probably is be due to the fact that he liked to shoot 2-3 step back threes every game with his man guarding him. Drove me nuts. On the other hand, the stats show he was pretty damn good when he took the ball to the rim.

And how about Goodin's shooting 14% on 2 point shots that weren't taken at the rim?
    Last edited by XU 87; 08-26-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Good site.

Naji's relatively low assist to 3 point percentage probably is be due to the fact that he liked to shoot 2-3 step back threes every game with his man guarding him. Drove me nuts. On the other hand, the stats show he was pretty damn good when he took the ball to the rim.

And how about Goodin's shooting 14% on 2 point shots that weren't taken at the rim?
    Naji was definitely one of the most impressive/athletic slashers to put on a Xavier uniform. It’s frustrating because he should easily be an NBA player if it weren’t for his poor iq/tunnel vision.

I’m honestly surprised Goodin even hit 49% at the rim. It was amazing how poor of a finisher he was

Was kinda hoping to see something in regards to TOs and TO's/min. That was a big issue the last two years.
    Balls of Steele!!

So what does this tell us. TURN OVERS

GONE............................................TO ..............MIN PLAYED...............TO/MIN
    NAJI MARSHALL..............................104......... .......1105.......................10.63
    QUENTIN GOODEN...........................60............... ...783........................13.05
    DONTARIUS JAMES............................9................ ..119........................13.22
    TYRIQUE JONES...............................57............ ......903........................15.84
    DAHMIR BISHOP................................7........... .......120........................17.14
    BRYCE MOORE.................................12.......... ........446........................37.17

RETURNING....................................TO... ...........MIN PLAYED...............TO/MIN
    PAUL SCRUGGS...............................79.......... ..........932......................11.80
    KY KY TANDY...................................26........ ............461......................17.73
    JASON CARTER................................51.......... ..........938......................18.39
    ZACH FREEMANTLE..........................28............ ........659.......................23.54
    Last edited by MADXSTER; 08-27-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Balls of Steele!!