0 0%
  • Paris San Germain

2 22.22%
  • Lyon

1 11.11%
  • FC Bayern Munich

6 66.67%

Champions League Talk

I have been a huge fan of the single knockout tournament, what has everyone else thought?
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

I voted for the only Non-Super Club on the list.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I voted for the only Non-Super Club on the list.
    In terms of revenue Lyon is bigger then RB Leipzig. However there is more “benefactor” money being poured in rBL now than many non EPL clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    In terms of revenue Lyon is bigger then RB Leipzig. However there is more “benefactor” money being poured in rBL now than many non EPL clubs

So glad Man City is out of it. Can’t stand that club.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    So glad Man City is out of it. Can’t stand that club.
    I was hoping Bayern would get to run rough shod over Pep

Sophomore
    I was hoping Bayern would get to run rough shod over Pep

That would have been fun to see. Interesting to see Bayern doing so well after their poor start to the season. Pep Frauduola has spend a truck load of oil money to try to buy the premiere league and the championships league. His failure at not winning the championships league with all the money he has spent should put him on the hot seat. I’m sure he isn’t but he should be if he can’t win it with the amount of money he has spent.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    That would have been fun to see. Interesting to see Bayern doing so well after their poor start to the season. Pep Frauduola has spend a truck load of oil money to try to buy the premiere league and the championships league. His failure at not winning the championships league with all the money he has spent should put him on the hot seat. I’m sure he isn’t but he should be if he can’t win it with the amount of money he has spent.
    I always felt Pep Chokeola was a bad manager and was such a let down after Jupp left Bayern. How do you have Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribery, Mueller, with the add of Lewendowski, Thiago, and Vidal and choke like he did. I always thought of him as a Sean Miller type of coach, not the best at in contest adjustments. If you look at the hires Bayern made sine Jupp retired in 2013 they have had a terrible run: Pep, Carlo, and Kovac. Bringing Jupp in on interim saved one season.

Flick has impressed me, the biggest thing he did was unify the locker room, and he did such my given Mueller his voice back. Thomas Mueller is the heart of that team, the only true Bavarian in the locker room. Kovac saw him as an emergency back up to Lewendowski. Relegating one of the best glue guys in world soccer to the bench and taking his leadership and voice away doomed the team. Flick but Mueller in the lineup and gave him a voice, and Bayern has been on a terror since

I always felt Pep Chokeola was a bad manager and was such a let down after Jupp left Bayern. How do you have Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribery, Mueller, with the add of Lewendowski, Thiago, and Vidal and choke like he did. I always thought of him as a Sean Miller type of coach, not the best at in contest adjustments. If you look at the hires Bayern made sine Jupp retired in 2013 they have had a terrible run: Pep, Carlo, and Kovac. Bringing Jupp in on interim saved one season.

Flick has impressed me, the biggest thing he did was unify the locker room, and he did such my given Mueller his voice back. Thomas Mueller is the heart of that team, the only true Bavarian in the locker room. Kovac saw him as an emergency back up to Lewendowski. Relegating one of the best glue guys in world soccer to the bench and taking his leadership and voice away doomed the team. Flick but Mueller in the lineup and gave him a voice, and Bayern has been on a terror since
    I'd love to see Leipzig win it all, love how much of a no-nonsense type of defender Upamecano is, France is really going through a bright spot in terms of talent, and he looks to have the potential to be the best defender in the world. Not to mention gotta love the US representative Tyler Adams on the squad, I love the engine he has. I've personally really enjoyed the single game knockouts as well, feels like there's more variety (still pissed at Tottenham for beating Ajax when they were on that run, they play some gorgeous footy) and it's unfortunate that UEFA is gonna go away from it, though I can understand why. Felt like every single one of those matches were high intensity, and it's been fun to see Lyon and Leipzig go on this run.

As for the winner, I don't think anybody can stop the machine that is Bayern right now. I understand the argument that Barcelona are aging and their board has just shown incredible signs of incompetence, Busquets looks like a snail on the ball, feel like De Jong is being used wrong, and they just don't have the legs to ping the ball around breaking a high pressing team like they used to, but Bayern still completely dismantled them. Mueller's revelation has been fun to watch, what did he end up with, something like 22 assists in the season? That's absolutely mental. Agreed that Hansi Flick has found a way to keep the dressing room on his side, but also just getting the most out of guys like Coutinho and Gnabry. I think a PSG/Bayern final would be fun, Mbappe and Neymar are so electric to watch, but I just don't see how anybody can stop this Bayern side.