Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Looks to be a bit of a project to me. 3 star and ranked around 150.
    SMH. The rankings at this point are not a true indicator, no summer ball where moves in the rankings are made.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Looks to be a bit of a project to me. 3 star and ranked around 150.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

A short video introduction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HM6I9zKKiiw
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Its called reality. He isn't an Odom or Naji Marshall who's going to play and contribute from Day 1. There were/are high impact Top 100 players.
    So any recruit that isn't ready to play from day 1 is a project? I am not sure I agree with that definition.

Travis has already discussed the possibility of a RS with Tucker his freshman year, but I wouldn't put him in the Darius Miles category of a project. He is young, much like Derrick Brown, and some physical development would be helpful before he starts his eligibility. He is more of a late bloomer, who has come on strong lately but it's tough to say how much development he needs without the normal evaluation periods.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 08-14-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    So any recruit that isn't ready to play from day 1 is a project? I am not sure I agree with that definition.

Travis has already discussed the possibility of a RS with Tucker his freshman year, but I wouldn't put him in the Darius Miles category of a project. He is young, much like Derrick Brown, and some physical development would be helpful before he starts his eligibility. He is more of a late bloomer, who has come on strong lately but it's tough to say how much development he needs without the normal evaluation periods.
    Calling him a project was probably a stretch.......agreed.

I've read on a couple of recruiting sites where he needs some development, needs to add some weight/bulk. Possible RS.
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 08-14-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Does this mean holt is not coming or do they have two different games?
    For some reason many of the recruiting sites list Tucker as a Power Forward? I will be shocked if that ends up being an accurate description regardless of his physical development. What little video I've found shows him to be athletic and somewhat versatile offensively. Certainly willing to shoot the 3, although his form is a bit odd.

As far as Holt goes, no reason to think we don't have an edge in his recruitment just based on the Odom connection. Having won Championships together has got to be a factor in his decision process. I first thought he and Tucker had similar games but after a little research, Holt is really a Big Guard maybe closer to a Colby Jones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JeAyA9_B71I

Calling him a project was probably a stretch.......agreed.

I've read on a couple of recruiting sites where he needs some development, needs to add some weight/bulk. Possible RS.
    Not a stretch at all especially in the context of where he is physically....I think he's 16. By looking at what little video that I found, he's a long way from being BEast ready IMO.

Personally I’ll be very happy when X gets to the point where it’s upper classes are so well experienced and talented that we aren’t expecting the freshman to be immediate impact players. They might well be in that situation right now if they hadn’t had such poor classes back to back a few years ago.

Was he a "priority" recruit?

(asking for a friend)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Was he a "priority" recruit?

(asking for a friend)
    I would imagine since they have other guys they are waiting on. If he wasn’t they wouldn’t have pushed for a commitment.