Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Worst case they’ll put the teams in a bubble and play.

I would think that there would already be some lawsuits over Covid from someone somewhere by now. Maybe I'm missing something. Some lawyer somewhere would be trying to figure out how to make some money off this if they could.
    Balls of Steele!!

If some conferences play football, and others don't...do they still have bowl games? BCS standings? Crown a National Champ?

I imagine the conferences that play, will have their conference championships...but what is next? I just can't get my head around what the sport will look like with some conferences playing in the fall, some in the spring, some not playing at all. If there isn't a championship, they are just playing for the love of the game and for TV money?

Such a cluster fuck of a situation we have here.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Worst case they’ll put the teams in a bubble and play.
    This is already being talked over. The BIG discussing their season being played in Indy. And the entire March Madness being in Indy. Lucas Oil Stadium. 2 courts, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle, and a couple large high schools playing continuous games. per Matt Norlander CBS college BBall reporter, on Indy radio this afternoon.

Does the fox Network money still get paid even without games?

I assume the network money is worth more to the universities than ticket sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    No question that even the threat of a lawsuit would make any President and his Board fear opening up. Which makes today's vote by the B12 commissioners to go ahead with fall sports a pretty ballsy move.

I still will take the bet the season goes on although your comment makes me wonder if fans will be permitted to attend. I don't know what consequences that decision might have on television coverage but assuming T.V. goes ahead, to me, that makes playing a whole lot more likely.

And, if they don't play, I might just slit my wrists! Wonder if that carries any weight with the administration.

The 2021 NCAA Basketball executives are confident in making sure March Madness happens: https://247sports.com/college/west-v...-19-150205641/

For the Big 12, the commissioners unanimously voted to play (per inside info on the WVU board I pay for), the general consensus from the members of that board (not the moderators, or beat writers for WVU) is that it's an easy decision for the Big 12 to say "yeah we'll play," because it leads to two possible outcomes basically with the other leagues cancelling already: 1. they play, and basically have all of the TV rights, media coverage, etc. leading to funding for the school in a time where it's going to be at record lows, or 2. the cases spike up when students get on campus, causing the schools to shut down and send students home, the commissioners can spin this story as, "look we didn't take football away from you, people outside of our control did," which makes them still appealing to those not so educated fans. Basically they're thinking that this is a great option to try to keep the most important revenue stream happy.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Also...it might no make any difference what the BE decides to do....if the Ohio Governor says no college sports are allowed, then X won’t be playing. No matter what every other school is doing.
    I saw that on Banners. I can see how the Gov can dictate when sports are played in the state, but can he prevent XU from playing in another state? Especially if the BE does the bubble thing?

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    I saw that on Banners. I can see how the Gov can dictate when sports are played in the state, but can he prevent XU from playing in another state? Especially if the BE does the bubble thing?
    My guess would be that he would have no control over what they do outside the state. But, I would also guess that Ohio would not be the only state to have similar restrictions, so there may be other BE schools facing similar challenges to playing within their own state.

Sophomore
    Nebraska And Omaha is the best fit for that reason. They’re not closing

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Nebraska And Omaha is the best fit for that reason. They’re not closing
    Willie -

I have heard the same thing from a pretty well connected Nova grad friend. The BE will set up a bubble in Omaha starting Jan 1, 2021. Only way to play this year. No way they play games in the Cintas with fans. 0% chance of that happening.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12