Freshman

mac cancels season!

It appears that The MAC has cancelled its fall sports season. This is JUST the start of more to come!! A month from now basketball will be on deck and Vegas has 3-1 theres no college basketball.

I’m beginning to think that only the Power 5 conferences are going to be playing football this fall, and then only among themselves. The AAC may TRY to keep their league schedule going, but I’m not confident that they are able to pull it off. The amount of money involved in putting on Power 5 football games, especially in terms of how much money is generated by TV and the advertising dollars that accompany that, is not going to be something that these conferences are gong to be willing to walk away from.

The only other thing I can see happening, is when all of the smaller conferences have decided to not play any football this fall but to have a spring schedule, then the TV networks MIGHT be able to convince the major conferences that it would be in their best interest (financially) to move their full schedule to the spring and play those out of conference games they would otherwise skip and not get revenue from. And I would include the AAC in the “smaller” conference designation.

As far as basketball goes......I really have NO IDEA what is going to happen, but I’m not overly optimistic either.

Unfortunately, the B1G is getting ready to cancel fall sports. They’ll all fall like dominoes after that I’m afraid.
    Weird f’ing year to say the least.
    Now what??

Freshman
    basketball

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I think the B1G and the Pac-12 are shutting down all fall sports - there's certainly going to be a lot of pressure on the ACC and SEC from local governments and fans to keep playing.

The NCAA really needs to just hit the pause button on all sports until vaccines are ready to go.