Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For those worried about the 2021 recruiting class...read this

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-in-2021-cycle

And y’all thought Xavier was struggling and was unique? Ha!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-in-2021-cycle

And y’all thought Xavier was struggling and was unique? Ha!
    Priority recruit Jordan Hawkins has committed to UCONN.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    And that changes the facts of the article how?

Just jump already, man.

For real. Just face the facts.

Jordan Hawkins had 10 Scholarship Offers. Not just 10 teams interested. 10 offers on the table. That means 9 teams struck out. And those 9 teams, with a scholly sitting out there like that, probably were hoping with fingers crossed that their next target wouldn't commit elsewhere while they waited to see if a scholarship would be available or not.

C'mon man. 1 out of 10 teams got the "W" on this one. In baseball, if you make an out 7 out of 10 at bat's you are considered one of the best. College Basketball Recruting has an even lower "batting average." Aside from the top 5 schools, most teams need to do the dance and just accept that there are "outs" along the way.

I personally LIKE the recent mix of transfers. Much less at risk when you've seen what a kid can do against D1 competition, and also the added couple of years of maturity and experience probably bodes well for XU when recruiting transfers because kids have a better idea of what is "reality" when it comes to D1 athletics.

Teams that Offered Hawkins that were declined: Clemson, GW, Notre Dame, Marquette, Seton Hall, Louisville, Pitt, Wake Forest, Xavier.

Teams that Offered Hawkins that were accepted: UConn

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Just jump already, man.

For real. Just face the facts.

Jordan Hawkins had 10 Scholarship Offers. Not just 10 teams interested. 10 offers on the table. That means 9 teams struck out. And those 9 teams, with a scholly sitting out there like that, probably were hoping with fingers crossed that their next target wouldn't commit elsewhere while they waited to see if a scholarship would be available or not.

C'mon man. 1 out of 10 teams got the "W" on this one. In baseball, if you make an out 7 out of 10 at bat's you are considered one of the best. College Basketball Recruting has an even lower "batting average." Aside from the top 5 schools, most teams need to do the dance and just accept that there are "outs" along the way.

I personally LIKE the recent mix of transfers. Much less at risk when you've seen what a kid can do against D1 competition, and also the added couple of years of maturity and experience probably bodes well for XU when recruiting transfers because kids have a better idea of what is "reality" when it comes to D1 athletics.

Teams that Offered Hawkins that were declined: Clemson, GW, Notre Dame, Marquette, Seton Hall, Louisville, Pitt, Wake Forest, Xavier.

Teams that Offered Hawkins that were accepted: UConn
    I just posted that a recruit that we had prioritized has committed to another school. That’s all I said. Not sure why you are coming at me about posting what I posted. I’m not upset about it. I am trying to take the advice of all of the posters on here who told me to calm down and not get worked up over every recruit that doesn’t commit to X. Which isn’t true by the way. They seem to think that Steele has recruited well enough to get us to a final four in the next couple of years. I’m going to sit back and wait to see if that happens.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I just posted that a recruit that we had prioritized has committed to another school. That’s all I said. Not sure why you are coming at me about posting what I posted. I’m not upset about it. I am trying to take the advice of all of the posters on here who told me to calm down and not get worked up over every recruit that doesn’t commit to X. Which isn’t true by the way. They seem to think that Steele has recruited well enough to get us to a final four in the next couple of years. I’m going to sit back and wait to see if that happens.
    Then why are you posting it? Could you be (wait for it)…..a troll?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Then why are you posting it? Could you be (wait for it)…..a troll?
    I posted it because he is a priority recruit that we have been after for several years. We led in his recruitment and we were one of his finalist. This is a Xavier message board you idiot. Expect post to be about Xavier recruits whether we get them or we don’t. Sounds like you are the one being a (wait for it) Troll! Keeping being the troll that you are X-man or should I say X-troll lol

This is a Xavier message board you idiot.
    Remember like 5 days ago when you said "the name calling has to stop"?

I just had a nice chuckle

I'm not terribly worried about the recruiting because of all of the circumstances involved. It's definitely gotta be harder to recruit with a pandemic going on, plus we just pulled in an awesome 2019 (even with Bishop transferring), and 2020 class that were both basically ranked in the top 25. That's a good step forward, there's going to be some years that we don't have a great class because we'll have a bunch of younger guys with talent at a lot of different positions. It happens, it's not like we're running on the UK and Duke system of just replacing 5 one and dones every year you know? Personally I think our entire staff are pretty good recruiters, and that they've been doing well in that regard. On court there's been some growing pains, but I don't think recruiting has been lacking. Not to mention we're getting a couple transfers in each year as well. The sky isn't falling with a bad 2021 class, and there's also some decent time left until signing day.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Remember like 5 days ago when you said "the name calling has to stop"?

I just had a nice chuckle
    Well, the name calling hasn’t stopped so I will throw it right back at people who want to start it. Glad it gave you a chuckle.