Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Xavier Basketball...brought to you by Apple and Samsung.

Want to see a game in person? Buy a phone.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Last year you could pay a modest fee to get paper tickets, this year not so much.

To hide behind Covid as the reason is silly though. Call it increased ticket security but not health. As has been said most of us just held out our tickets and the person scanned them A a touch free experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Last year you could pay a modest fee to get paper tickets, this year not so much.

To hide behind Covid as the reason is silly though. Call it increased ticket security but not health. As has been said most of us just held out our tickets and the person scanned them A a touch free experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d pay a little more for a paper ticket.

I’d pay A LOT more for an aisle seat.

I’ll just skip my annual pilgrimage this year and hope I can watch from home.

You can have them both on your phone. I wanted to frame the tickets from last year (the 20 moments in CINTAS history) so I downloaded the tickets from GoXavier.com into my GooglePay app and they can be scanned from there. Just remember to have your phone charged before the game....
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Well how the hell am I going to get $4 off my next Mike's Car Wash?

Seriously, it's a poor excuse to try to save a few dollars. Fans should have the option if they want a paper ticket. We're talking 40k to print 10k season ticket packets - $4/packet. Charge $10/packet and you end up saving the 40k plus making a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    You can have them both on your phone. I wanted to frame the tickets from last year (the 20 moments in CINTAS history) so I downloaded the tickets from GoXavier.com into my GooglePay app and they can be scanned from there. Just remember to have your phone charged before the game....
    I guess now it's a collectors item....
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I suggest that others write them as well. Let's make sure that "this aggression will not stand", to quote the immortal Dude who himself was quoting President George Herbert Walker Bush.[/QUOTE]

I actually forgot what this thread is about. I'm still in shock from seeing X-man quoting GHWB.!!
    Now say it with me "No new taxes!".

I agree that this is a stupid call by X. No paper tickets? How am I supposed to scalp my extra for the Ferris State game?
    That said, I don’t think it matters much because we’ll not be spending much time inside Cintas Center this year.
    I talked to Brett Sanders in the ticket office yesterday. Good guy. Tough spot. Sounds like X plans to be plenty flexible w refunding seat deposits and ticket payments, or allowing those payments to roll over to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I agree that this is a stupid call by X. No paper tickets? How am I supposed to scalp my extra for the Ferris State game?
    That said, I don’t think it matters much because we’ll not be spending much time inside Cintas Center this year.
    I talked to Brett Sanders in the ticket office yesterday. Good guy. Tough spot. Sounds like X plans to be plenty flexible w refunding seat deposits and ticket payments, or allowing those payments to roll over to next year.
    I bought electronic Bills tickets from a buddy, and you can just forward them to the buyer, like an email. He made fun of me because I couldn’t open it on my phone. I had added the necessary app (good luck if you don’t have your iPhone ID and password, which I never use but with warning I did the app in advance of traveling), but couldn’t make it open. After giving me grief, he couldn’t make it work either, but fortunately we were at the same tailgate so I just walked in with him. This is DEFINITELY something that needs to be improved from an IT standpoint. I HATE it as of my most recent experiences. Hope they have it worked out.

Sophomore
    So I emailed the ticket office about this. Here's their response:

"We are currently internally discussing some other options to provide for fans without a mobile device. We have several fans in the same situation as you and are working to find a safe alternative solution to mobile for fans such as yourself. I will add you to our list and we will be reaching out once we have determined a safe alternate delivery method."