Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    By the time the vaccine is available (January and February) there might not be any season for us fans BUT here is hoping the tickets are the least of our problems

I went to a Cavaliers game a few years ago, and it was the same thing. I had the impression this was the norm for their tickets, and paper tickets weren't available. It sounds like a "green" thing to do, and I think this will become more common for all events.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    Not sure how they will do it with people who don't have smartphones. I am sure they will figure it out. Safety is an odd one- because whenever I had a paper copy I'd hold the paper one out just like I do with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Yep. Got the same email. As others have said, there has to be an option for people without smartphones. I wonder if I’ll be able to have both tickets on my phone or if I’ll have to “send” one to my wife’s phone? She won’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought it was all electronic until last year when I bought Bills tickets from a buddy and he had paper tickets. I was skeptical but had met him at games before so he wasn’t intentionally ripping me off....and the tickets worked! I asked how he got paper tickets and he had no answer. Apparently they DO still exist in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I went to a Cavaliers game a few years ago, and it was the same thing. I had the impression this was the norm for their tickets, and paper tickets weren't available. It sounds like a "green" thing to do, and I think this will become more common for all events.
    I think the reason they cite is electronic provides more security against fraud. Buying fake tickets is a real risk and supposedly this lessens that risk to some extent......or that’s what they claim. I think it’s mostly easier and cheaper for the teams.

We bought tickets online for a Braves game once at the old stadium. The tickets worked at the gate, but we couldn’t find our seats. We had two ushers trying to figure it out, and it turns out those seats did NOT EXIST. Huh? They gave us some primo seats to sit in for that game, much better than we would have paid for ourselves.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Called ticket office. The party line is this change is all about "safety". What a crock of shit! They scan the ticket and throw it away. If they wanted the ticket holder could place the ticket under the scanner and throw it away themselves once admitted to Cintas. No one else would ever need to handle it.

This is not about safety. If this was really about 'safety", there would be no fans, at all. Rather, this is an example of Athletic Dept. arrogance. They have wanted to do this for awhile. Think about it. They change their policy, with ZERO ADVANCE NOTICE, under cover of COVID.

These guys are arrogant douches. F**k them!
    I agree that it has nothing to do with except beyond the fact that they need to cut costs along with the rest of the University because of covid. As their e-mail states, one reason for the change ( the fourth and last reason on the list, which means that in fact it's the primary reason for the change) is to be "fiscally responsible" and save the $40K in printing and mailing costs. I have no problem with that, but they need to allow people to print off their tickets (and absorb the printing costs themselves) if they choose. I wrote them and suggested making that an option because they surely don't want to make owning a smartphone a precondition for buying men's basketball tickets. I suggest that others write them as well. Let's make sure that "this aggression will not stand", to quote the immortal Dude who himself was quoting President George Herbert Walker Bush.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    It’s 2020. Buy a damn smartphone. They’re are plenty of non expensive ones.
    Or maybe you all would prefer they up the premium and ticket prices to cover the printing and shipping?
    Mobile tickets are the future. Get with the program.
    Last edited by TUclutch; 08-03-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    It’s 2020. But a damn smartphone. They’re are plenty of non expensive ones.
    Or maybe you all would prefer they up the premium and ticket prices to cover the printing and shipping?
    No, just let people print their own tickets...something that costs the U nothing if they are sent by e-mail.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Called ticket office. The party line is this change is all about "safety". What a crock of shit! They scan the ticket and throw it away. If they wanted the ticket holder could place the ticket under the scanner and throw it away themselves once admitted to Cintas. No one else would ever need to handle it.

This is not about safety. If this was really about 'safety", there would be no fans, at all. Rather, this is an example of Athletic Dept. arrogance. They have wanted to do this for awhile. Think about it. They change their policy, with ZERO ADVANCE NOTICE, under cover of COVID.

These guys are arrogant douches. F**k them!
    Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but the ticket taker never touches my tickets. I hold them so that the bar codes are visible so they can easily scan them at the turnstile. I then put them in my pocket.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but the ticket taker never touches my tickets. I hold them so that the bar codes are visible so they can easily scan them at the turnstile. I then put them in my pocket.

Correct. Safety has NOTHING to do with it. It's cost, pure and simple. But why not save the cost, and allow ticket holders to print their own tickets?