Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I guess your assumption, given that only 300 seats will be filled under the rules posted below, means that only one-eighth of demand will be filled for each game. Hence a 16 game home season means 2 games; a 10 game home season means 1-2 games.
    In case it is helpful, I believe X is currently operating under the assumption that the 300 number includes the players, coaching staff, media, etc. It is my understanding that unless a waiver is given to allow more than 300 in the arena few to no fans will be in attendance. The expectation, thankfully, is there is a relatively high probability of a waiver being received.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I am sad to say that I opted out this morning. It was not a decision that I wanted to make but as a 73-year old (in good health, thankfully), I am not currently comfortable with the thought of sharing an indoor arena with other cheering fans. If something happens to lower the risk, I hope that Athletics will offer people the chance to opt back in. They presumably could do so because lowered risk should be accompanied with increases in the number of fans allowed to attend. Regardless, I am happy that all Xavier games will be televised. Most of my tailgating buddies also opted out, so perhaps we will try to watch the games together if we can do so safely.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

My buddy who I split tix with and I ultimately made the decision to opt-out this season as well.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Tough decision to click that opt out link... I've held off, hoping for the best. Little worried about the unsullied and unwashed that sit around me but they have all faired well to this point I am happy to report. The deadline for opting out is this Friday. Sounds like the governor is allowing approx 10% capacity for the epic tilt tonight between the two winless teams in Ohio, but that's outdoors, so I'm not sure if that will translate into indoor facilities. Until then I will continue to mask up.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    Tough decision to click that opt out link... I've held off, hoping for the best. Little worried about the unsullied and unwashed that sit around me but they have all faired well to this point I am happy to report. The deadline for opting out is this Friday. Sounds like the governor is allowing approx 10% capacity for the epic tilt tonight between the two winless teams in Ohio, but that's outdoors, so I'm not sure if that will translate into indoor facilities. Until then I will continue to mask up.
    Yeah, we opted out as well, after adding one more season seat.

I'm paying the account in full, but no in-person basketball for us this year.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I’m still opting in, a lot could happen between now and what, thanksgiving weekend when they start now?

Hey if everybody else lots out maybe I can have all of 104 to myself ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - David Bowers ('95)

Basketball tickets

Well, I just clicked the Opt Out button. This sucks, but I just don’t see a scenario where there will be any meaningful attendance at college basketball games this season. At least I know I’ve already paid for next year! Just curious if what’s been paid this year will secure the same parking for next year. It’s based on AFO amounts during the school’s fiscal year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bjf123; 09-18-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I did the same thing... it doesn't feel good.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Got an e-mail this morning from Greg Christopher, one that went out to everyone who opted out of this season. We get to choose (by 10/09) among the following five options: full refund, full credit towards the 2021-2022 season, full gift to the All for One Club, gift of the seat license only to the Club, and gift of the ticket payment only to the Club. All but the refund option will get you some Musketeer points, and the full gift or ticket payment only gift options also give you a 25% discount on next year's ticket prices. The seat premium gift and the full credit option will guarantee that next year's prices will be the same as this year's. A full refund has no such guarantee. All in all, Athletics is making a very fair solution to those of us who (sadly) opted out.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Opted in to see what will happen. Light crowds won't ruin the experience for me.

One of my favorite X game memories was driving to Gardens in snowstorm and cheering on the Muskies in a nearly empty arena. Felt like a survivor of something.