Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I disagree about the rankings part. Drew Lavender was a 5 start McDonalds All American so I think there are other concerns to Jones game other than size. I think Paul’s recruiting will be very similar to Branham. Xavier will be in the mix but Paul is looking for a “bigger” program to offer him before he commits. I think Paul will be Louisville bound before it is all said and done.
    Are you making that up? If not, point to where either Paul, or someone close to him, has been quoted saying he wants a bigger program?

The reality is, his father played for a small Jesuit school and I'm banking on his family wanting the same experience for him. Also, his 4.0 GPA should come up big in his decision making process and Xavier is a nice fit in that regard.

Besides, has Mack really done much to clean up the image down at U of L?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Can any of our recruits stick their nose in the paint and get a tough rebound?
    Asking for a friend.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Are you making that up? If not, point to where either Paul, or someone close to him, has been quoted saying he wants a bigger program?

The reality is, his father played for a small Jesuit school and I'm banking on his family wanting the same experience for him. Also, his 4.0 GPA should come up big in his decision making process and Xavier is a nice fit in that regard.

Besides, has Mack really done much to clean up the image down at U of L?
    Did you read what I posted? I said I think Paul’s recruitment will end up like Branhams. He could very well end up at Xavier but I am not confident that he will.

I just stumbled upon info on an AAU tournament played in Wilder, KY this past weekend. Paul McMillan IV is playing for Manimal Elite again and continues to dominate any competition in front of him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QR5Fm5B1pS0&pp=QACIAgA%3D

Penn State just offered him but the real contenders in his recruiting process remains UofL, Xavier, UD. I think it's safe to say UC is out of the running due to the ongoing dumpster fire. I guess most think UofL is the heavy favorite (see above) but Dino Gaudio was his head recruiter and Mack fired him....optics for the McMillans can't be good. Many believe UK will get him if offered, but they haven't. Not to mention, they already have 4 top 25 guys for 2022 and they are all guards.

No doubt several heavy hitters will end up in the mix but we were in on him early and I think we're in a really good position to nab him. Obviously no PGs in our 2021 class, Odom will be a JR, so it looks like there would be ample opportunity for some significant minutes right away at the point. Paul is going to be a big time player....here's to hoping Travis and Dante keep things hot!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMygscJWG78
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-11-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Word is that McMillan and Leland Walker played 2 games vs each other at the tournemant and both were epic PG battles. Walker holds an offer from X as well. Out of North Central in Indianapolis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMNj6...ature=youtu.be

He scored 34 in another game. Kid looks like a real baller!!

Supporting Member
    Word is that McMillan and Leland Walker played 2 games vs each other at the tournemant and both were epic PG battles. Walker holds an offer from X as well. Out of North Central in Indianapolis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMNj6...ature=youtu.be

He scored 34 in another game. Kid looks like a real baller!!
    Glad to see he has gained a couple of inches and hit the weight room a little bit too. If x can grab one of these two, the pg spot should be in good hands for the foreseeable future with Odom and one these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Glad to see he has gained a couple of inches and hit the weight room a little bit too. If x can grab one of these two, the pg spot should be in good hands for the foreseeable future with Odom and one these two.
    It could complicate things somewhat as Sean Jones is still a hot recruit for X at PG. According to 247, he has a 100% crystal ball to be a Musketeer. However, new offers have poured in on him recently from several P5 programs.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sean-Jones-46102796/

It could complicate things somewhat as Sean Jones is still a hot recruit for X at PG. According to 247, he has a 100% crystal ball to be a Musketeer. However, new offers have poured in on him recently from several P5 programs.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sean-Jones-46102796/
    I would rather have Jones. Kid is really good. Not sold on Paul. I also think Travis would rather have Jones as well.

Not tall, but if he can channel a Drew Lavenderesque game, I'll take it
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!