Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Not tall, but if he can channel a Drew Lavenderesque game, I'll take it
    Yep not tall but here are some of the best players to ever play point guard at Xavier and all 6’’0” and under.
    Stan Kimbrough, Jamal Walker, Jaime Gladden, Michael Hawkins, Lionel Chalmers, Drew Lavender, and Tu Holloway. Most of Xavier’s best teams had small point guards that were quick and tough.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Yep not tall but here are some of the best players to ever play point guard at Xavier and all 6’’0” and under.
    Stan Kimbrough, Jamal Walker, Jaime Gladden, Michael Hawkins, Lionel Chalmers, Drew Lavender, and Tu Holloway. Most of Xavier’s best teams had small point guards that were quick and tough.
    I've seen them all and I will take it in a second if he's got tose types of skills
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    It could complicate things somewhat as Sean Jones is still a hot recruit for X at PG. According to 247, he has a 100% crystal ball to be a Musketeer. However, new offers have poured in on him recently from several P5 programs.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sean-Jones-46102796/
    Gonna pump the brakes on this one. He has one crystal ball prediction and the prediction level on that crystal ball is medium. So the 100% thing while true isn’t a great representation of where he will end up given only one analyst has him currently going to Xavier. He would be a great get along with Paul for the class of 22.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Gonna pump the brakes on this one. He has one crystal ball prediction and the prediction level on that crystal ball is medium. So the 100% thing while true isn’t a great representation of where he will end up given only one analyst has him currently going to Xavier. He would be a great get along with Paul for the class of 22.
    I think he and his mom are visiting in June. He has visited himself before. I think Xavier is leading in a big way right now if I had to guess. Also will not be taking him and Paul.

I expect there to be some real movement after visits in June are allowed.

Thinking out loud, I wonder how much COVID is going to mess up recruiting rankings in the next year or so, for football kids couldn't camp, so they didn't get the exposure that they normally would (could lead to lower rankings, and finding a three star that's really a four star recruit), I wonder if the same can be applied to the AAU circuit and basketball. I don't follow recruiting closely so I'm not sure, if anybody else may have an idea, I'd love to hear.

Forget the rankings, it’s going to effect RECRUITING itself for at least the next year. In addition, I believe that it’s going to have a major effect on TRANSFERS for the next year or two. Coaches and players are looking for the best fit for their programs and schools. Coaches are going to find that tape, zoom calls, and opinions from HS coaches are a poor substitute for in-person observation and interaction. Players are going to find that those same things is true for them, and that college pamphlets, video visits, and drone footage of a college campus don’t tell the complete story. There are going to be lots of kids that could have played D1 ball and don’t, simply because they weren’t seen. They are going to light it up at a lower level school and then move on. There are going to be lots of kids that start out at big time schools, and just can’t cut it basketball wise, scholastically wise, or socially wise, that end up transferring after a year or two. Today’s HS sophomores and juniors are going to have a chance to correct these things over the next year or so. Today’s HS seniors are another story. I feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    How can you leave off Steve Gentry and Sherwin Anderson? ;)
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    How can you leave off Steve Gentry and Sherwin Anderson? ;)
    Are we just listing everyone that was short?

Sherwin Anderson scored 265 points in his 4 year career. I'm not looking to find another Sherwin Anderson.

Also, I'm thinking Gladden was more of a SG.

Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Are we just listing everyone that was short?

Sherwin Anderson scored 265 points in his 4 year career. I'm not looking to find another Sherwin Anderson.

Also, I'm thinking Gladden was more of a SG.
    Gladden was an SG.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell