Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Also didn’t the conference cancel all sports?
    That would be a pretty solid reason.......

I was wondering if anyone here with advanced knowledge or ties to the Athletic Dept can inform us on how this "waiver" process works. I know it is the process used to transfer and play immediately but sketchy on the various requirements.

In Ben's case, I believe he has requested a waiver based on the fact the he redshirted as a Frosh. HOWEVER, I did read somewhere that the redshirt was triggered for academic/paperwork issues not basketball related, so I'm concerned this may be the reason we've heard nothing on him while many others are getting greenlighted.

I know that you can get an immediate play now waiver if your Head Coach is fired or does a "Mack"....or if you have some family hardship, one is usually granted. But what is some of the more obscure criteria. If someone can shed some light it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-14-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

BTW, How the hell did DJ Carton get his free pass so quickly. No coaching changes in Columbus, No hardship cited and pretty sure no redshirt. ???
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-14-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    BTW, How the hell did DJ Carton get his free pass so quickly. No coaching changes in Columbus, No hardship cited and pretty sure no redshirt. ???
    If you follow the college football waivers, you'll see that it makes absolutely zero sense who gets a waiver and who doesn't, usually the player just lawyer's up, and it's basically a done deal, unless you're moving home closer to someone in your family with a serious illness, then you don't get a hardship waiver. Gotta love the NCAA.

WTF GIMM, is that even possible? Special treatment with dollars?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    That's why football is trash and should be defunded.

There is little rhyme or reason to when the NCAA decides on the waiver application. I don't know if they can even tell you the steps in the process, or how long it should take. In the past it was an act of congress to get a waiver approved, but I believe the NCAA has been more giving with the pandemic this year. Ben chose Xavier partly because he believes Xavier has a better chance to gain the approval than some of the other schools he was considering. It isn't a foregone conclusion but from what I have heard, there is a good chance the waiver will be granted.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"