Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Looks like a great get. He is strong and likes to attack inside. Welcome Ben and congrats to the coaches.
    Open things up for the guys who can shoot from outside. Remember that? Guys who can shoot from outside? This has GOT TO BE more fun to watch than last year’s team!

Welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Pat Kelsey probably has briefed Coach Steele on what we're getting....Stanley had his way with Winthrop last season. Could be the Coach quoted in the above 247 article.
    The 20 against Illinois is impressive.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sure hope he gets his immediate eligibility. If not, don't know if this kid will ever wear an X uniform. Not being pessimistic........I just think sitting year when you were flirting with "trying" to go pro is not an easy thing to endure and wait through. He may get impatient and change his mind.

I am a positive person BUT this much talent for each position just drops a player's minutes by 5-8 minutes. Scruggs and Carter will play the most minutes but everyone else looks to split the minutes among 10 eligible players. X next spring will likely lose 2 players to transfer because is not happy with minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I am a positive person BUT this much talent for each position just drops a player's minutes by 5-8 minutes. Scruggs and Carter will play the most minutes but everyone else looks to split the minutes among 10 eligible players. X next spring will likely lose 2 players to transfer because is not happy with minutes.
    So.....business as usual?

Better too much talent and too many options than not enough.

Sophomore
    probably true but a goal would be get everyone playing 110% all the time..no need to worry about getting tired or foul trouble. A key will have players ready to play the second they go in; normally players work their way into the game. Obviously winning makes it easier to manage minutes than playing 500 or God forbid losing. I can't remember anyone except JP being a kamikaze type defender with deflections, getting on floor, drawing charges etc. and I hope everyone can buy into extra effort and less minutes

With so much uncertainty about IF they are even going to play games, WHEN they may start the season, HOW many games they might get to play, and WHO they will actually ending playing......

WHERE the roster sits next Spring into the summer might be the least of anyone’s concern right now.

In the Land of Covid this year, you can't have too many guys.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    In the Land of Covid this year, you can't have too many guys.
    That’s a good point.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    With so much uncertainty about IF they are even going to play games, WHEN they may start the season, HOW many games they might get to play, and WHO they will actually ending playing......

WHERE the roster sits next Spring into the summer might be the least of anyone’s concern right now.
    I never imagined, last March when all of us were speculating about the coming season, that COVID would still be an issue. But, point taken. Lots of uncertainty remains and I'm hoping we have a legitimate full season.

The last two additions , as of now, must sit out this year. Still, with so much talent, I have to think this team needs to play way more up tempo than last year. Steele has recruited well but he could lose that talent if he doesn't find a way to use it. The team has, now I think, four legitimate ball handlers, four or five legitimate (on paper) three point shooters and if Miles and Ramsey are ready to go, four or five legitimate rebounders. Hopefully, they work their way into the lineup, exhibit patience, play decently, don't get homesick, achieve academically, avoid major injury, and Steele gives them some room to show their stuff. A lot to ask..........

With so many underclassmen, there will likely be mistakes aplenty. Still, this team could be exciting to watch. I hope we all get to watch them.
    Last edited by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever; 07-31-2020 at 06:14 AM.