Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey from X

Survey from X

I just received an email from X that apparently went to at least some, if not all, season ticket holders. It’s asking for our opinion on a number of COVID-19 related issues and how it could impact attendance at games this year. They’re very clear in saying nothing has been decided and this is just information gathering. Reading between the lines, it sounds like they’re looking at possibly reduced attendance at the games, which makes sense.

Seating could be reduced and we might not be able to sit in our actual seats, which is what the Bengals are doing with their season ticket holders. Sounds like Musketeer Points could be a big factor in who sits where, and who goes to which games, if reduced attendance is a reality. I’ll be surprised if that doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I just completed it. About what you would expect from a survey of this sort.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Interesting, although I completely disagree with using Musketeer points as a way to create priority and preference for games. Considering the circumstances, which are out of our control I would hope if they do anything, they simply try to limit capacity for games and do it as evenly and fairly as possible. We are all fans who love to watch our Muskies play.

If they are looking at reduced attendance - one question ought to be “Would you feel safe/comfortable attending games?” Refund those that say no with the promise to retain points seniority to get back in the building next year. Then you know how many people you have that are comfortable going to games in person, then you can start weeding that down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - David Bowers ('95)

Freshman
    One of the questions does refer to placing people in "blocks" (their term) or groups, and then assigning games and seats by the block (i.e., you will attend games with the same block of people). Under this scenario, i think everybody would have the opportunity to see some games, but probably not all games. The ability to sit in your same seats is up in the air.

Tough situation for them. Really between a rock and a hard place. No matter what they do, somebody will not be happy. I think they will do the best they can. We all need to cut them some slack on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Tough situation for them. Really between a rock and a hard place. No matter what they do, somebody will not be happy. I think they will do the best they can. We all need to cut them some slack on this one.
    Agreed. No matter what is done, some people will be upset. I’m sure they’ll do the best they can with an ever changing situation.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Agree on cutting slack - and i really don’t envy the crew that will have to decide who gets to see what games and sit where.

I’m sure they can’t open without social distancing in the stands - if they do go without socially distancing the stands that would be a deal breaker for me.

- David Bowers ('95)

Imagine the student section with all this going on as well.

Will they follow this kind of approach - blocks - with the students?

Will the band place its trumpeters up in the rafters, spread out around the upper arena?
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    I almost have survivors guilt having a daughter who graduated in 2019 and 2017 and reading the parents page (and following all the plans in Connecticut including Catholic High Schools) slack must be cut, prayers must be offered, and everyone must "man up". These next few months are a "bridge to a vaccine" (Jim Cramer CNBC) and we must mask, distance, hand wash, not do stupid things and not complain like they did with WW2 rationing of food, fuel, etc. We need to make it to June 2021 by hook or by crook. My daughter and boyfriend got the same letter.

Boy this sounds really confusing.
    A family of four that lives together and has 4 season ticket would want to sit side by side.

You come with a buddy for your 2 seats...and you'll want to have at least 2 seats if not 3, between you.

Sounds like a logistics nightmare.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.