Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

After losing twice in March, they're 1-1 in July after beating Atlanta.

Where are they playing these games?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Orlando. The sad part about today’s 1-0 win is they were up a man most of the game after an early red card on an Atlanta player. There was apparently a second red card in second half stoppage time, so they were up two men for a brief period of time. You’d expect more than 1 goal playing up a man or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Orlando. The sad part about today’s 1-0 win is they were up a man most of the game after an early red card on an Atlanta player. There was apparently a second red card in second half stoppage time, so they were up two men for a brief period of time. You’d expect more than 1 goal playing up a man or two.

They were up two men for a few minutes. They were really sitting back, probably a little too much in extra time which was 10(!) minutes. I only saw the last 15-20 minutes of the game.

Supporting Member
    The VAR gods were gracious to us today. But a win is a win. Now get a tie against NYRB and we likely move on to the knockout stage.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Supporting Member
    Wow, we’re onto the knock out round!
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Wow, we’re onto the knock out round!
    Incredible performance. After the 0-4 drubbing to start the tournament, I would've been thrilled with just one win. Can't believe we knocked off both Atlanta and RBNY. Decent chance that LAFC is next though. They're a horse of a different color.

I’m shocked at the win and especially the clean sheet. You can’t let the opponent live around the 18 yard box most of the game and expect to keep them from scoring every time.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    That game was just a crazy range of emotions. If you would have told me we lost in PKs to Portland prior to the game I would have been happy with the performance, and well I guess I am. But seeing Locadia miss an open net goal from 4 inches away was just such a stab through the heart. Only to exacerbated by Waston taking one of the worst PKs i think I have ever seen.

However, this team appears to have a pulse, so hopefully we can build from it.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    That game was just a crazy range of emotions. If you would have told me we lost in PKs to Portland prior to the game I would have been happy with the performance, and well I guess I am. But seeing Locadia miss an open net goal from 4 inches away was just such a stab through the heart. Only to exacerbated by Waston taking one of the worst PKs i think I have ever seen.

However, this team appears to have a pulse, so hopefully we can build from it.
    Progress.........but, still need more talent on this team........

No mention yet of the game winning olimpico goal??

I don't know this to be a fact, but I think olimpico goals are about as rare as perfect games in baseball. There have probably been more of them, but there have also been far more soccer games played than baseball games. This was the first time I've actually ever seen one as it happened and not on a replay. It was amazing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoG_..._BEGwJDAaJg4Lw
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White