Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior

Eye on College Basketball

Just listened to the latest Eye on College Basketball. The second half hour of the show was about the Big East, coaches and teams and their 5 year projections. According to Parrish and Norlander, all the coaches, except, GTown, DePaul, St John's, and Marquette will be at those schools in 5 years. Their reasoning is Ewing , DePaul, and Johnnie's coach get fired, and Wojo gets the Duke job or gets fired. The second part of the segment was to rate the 11 programs over the next 5 years. You folks aren't gonna like this, I know I didn't. 1 Nova, 2 UConn, 3 Seton Hall 4 Creighton 5 Prov, 6 Butler 7 Marq 8 X, 9 GT, 10 StJ, 11 DePaul. No quarrel with 1&2, but even not being biased, how is X not in the top 5 ? I listened live, but think it will be on a podcast. Crazy reasoning by these guys.

Fuck those cocksuckers.

I feel a little better reading they say Wojo will get fired.....or get the Duke job. That’s a pretty wide spectrum leading me to wonder what the hell they know.

Supporting Member
    Yeah their opinion means nothing. A uconn homer and a guy from memphis...great.

All-Conference
    Wojo won’t get the Duke job. Why would he?

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I feel a little better reading they say Wojo will get fired.....or get the Duke job. That’s a pretty wide spectrum leading me to wonder what the hell they know.
    Interesting logic from those two. “He’s going to fail at Marquette, but that will be enough to get the Duke job.”

Junior
    If Steele's recruiting pans out, I would place us 3rd. They even mentioned X having consistent success over the past 30 yrs and still gave them that rank.
    As for Wojo, they claim K wants Wojo to succeed him. And the bottom three are hopeless, do to recruiting failures, past and future.

Given the climate of sports, especially the questions around pro basketball, I'd say projecting anything is really impossible. For one, if players start to wonder if a career in pro hoops is viable, things are going to change quickly in who is joining a team and why. We'll know more after the NBA experiments with finishing their season, but Florida isn't looking too good right now.

But this positioning they've done really shows the level of respect Steele has gained early in his head coaching career. It doesn't look good, no matter how silly their basis is.
    Last edited by sirthought; 06-30-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Given the climate of sports, especially the questions around pro basketball, I'd say projecting anything is really impossible. For one, if players start to wonder if a career in pro hoops is viable, things are going to change quickly in who is joining a team and why. We'll know more after the NBA experiments with finishing their season, but Florida isn't looking too good right now.

But this positioning they've done really shows the level of respect Steele has gained early in his head coaching career. It doesn't look good, no matter how silly their basis is.
    DePaul's AD just "retired", expect a new AD in place by September. DePaul's current President was at Seton Hall and brought in a new AD who hired Willard.

I suppose it's possible that a lot of high school basketball might not happen this year.
    If that's the case, recruits who show a lot of promise as juniors and commit to a school, may not get the senior year to polish up/develop before coming in as freshmen at the Div 1 level.
    Wonder if that will have much impact on teams as we come out of the pandemic at some point.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.