Aaron Williams article from Enquirer

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Former Xavier great Aaron Williams on Skip Prosser and his unlikely road to the NBA

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ba/5404809002/

Supporting Member
    Good read, great ambassador for X!

Great read.

I always liked AW. I was at XU when he was a Jr/Sr. He was a rim protector back then. A bit skinny at first....

I moved to Seattle in 1995, and he had a 1.5 - 2 yr stint with the Sonics where he was a starter / rotation player. It was really cool to root for him, because frankly his shot at making the NBA was a long shot at best.

Later I went to a Sonics game against the Hornets (AW and DW together). During shootaround, I yelled "A-Train" in his direction. He stopped, looked around and saw my arms crossed in an X. He gave a "woof", did the X, and pointed at me with the head nod. Cool guy. And not so skinny at that point.

Excellent article! And he's got 2 kids in college, that makes me feel old (again)
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Aaron was a quiet kid, and a real good dude. I was the student manager his senior year, and had a few classes with him. Glad he is doing well and enjoying his retirement.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Aaron was a quiet kid, and a real good dude. I was the student manager his senior year, and had a few classes with him. Glad he is doing well and enjoying his retirement.
    That was his problem; can still hear Skip yelling across the court "take control". If his son is any where near D1 talent, XU should recruit him even if he sits for 4 years.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    That was his problem; can still hear Skip yelling across the court "take control". If his son is any where near D1 talent, XU should recruit him even if he sits for 4 years.
    His other problem in college was he played well when he wanted, and disappeared for stretches. When his mom was in the stands, he killed it. It was like he flipped a switch.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"