Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Athletic

Sophomore
    No articles on X in the Athletic since last Wednesday.

I agree with others. I wish X could find a place for Shannon in house. She could do some great sports features as well as features on other parts and members of the University. I doubt the University is in a hiring mode right now. I love the Athletic. I debated cancelling (and perhaps still will). I also really enjoy their soccer coverage which is has been in full swing since leagues have started to play again, so for me it's still something I'm reading daily. I will greatly miss Shannon's contributions.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    2 1/2 weeks after Shannon was let go and still no articles on Xavier. I guess the Athletic is cutting back on both there people and who and what they cover.

I haven't read or subscribed to the Enquirer in 5 years. I am tempted to read and subscribe because I like knowing about the X status.

I am not a huge fan of the Enquirer. Do people here read it?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I haven't read or subscribed to the Enquirer in 5 years. I am tempted to read and subscribe because I like knowing about the X status.

I am not a huge fan of the Enquirer. Do people here read it?
    I do. I think it's a terrible newspaper overall, but I think the sports coverage is good. The local politics reporter is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I do. I think it's a terrible newspaper overall, but I think the sports coverage is good. The local politics reporter is also very good.
    Agreed. Jason Williams is very good covering local politics. It’s also nice having articles written where you really can’t tell the political leanings of the journalist. Too bad more journalists aren’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Jeeze, need to hook you guys up with a shit ton of .edu emails to get the "student discount," they wouldn't know any better haha. But it seems the amount of content has decreased on The Athletic, kind of annoying Shannon isn't going to be writing for them anymore since that was some of the best info on X, and by a great writer, I doubt they hire a new person for it any time soon, but luckily it's good for my soccer news and what not too, plus I just love some of the player highlight articles.

Sophomore
    sports everywhere getting crushed. I fear that Trevon, JP, and Kaiser ship has sailed as NBA can't get act together so G League a low priority and now another class including high schoolers coming in. I would not want to be a sports management major now

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Agreed. Jason Williams is very good covering local politics. It’s also nice having articles written where you really can’t tell the political leanings of the journalist. Too bad more journalists aren’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jason goes after Republicans and Democrats, which is something you don't see too much of anymore.

My Athletic subscription runs to next February, but it will be cancelled then.
    I subscribed because, and only because Shannon was with them. I'm done.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell