Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I wonder if maybe they will bring her back wants sports get going again?

Or maybe they will combine the UC and XU wittier? But that may seem hard to do if he’s has to cover both b-ball teams and football overlaps some as well.
    I hope she creates a new platform to post and write. I would pay for her writing and coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Anyone who is canceling know if they prorate the payment across the year or is it a one time payment we are stuck losing ?
    They do not. From their website, “You may cancel your The Athletic account at any time – however, there are no refunds for cancellation. Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used billing periods.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

The Athletic has had promotions stating "Half price to subscribe --- Today Only!!!" It has run with the same wording for almost two weeks now. They are seemingly desperate!

Anyone who is canceling know if they prorate the payment across the year or is it a one time payment we are stuck losing ?
    you can choose either option when you sign up. it's just cheaper to pay for a year up front.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    you can choose either option when you sign up. it's just cheaper to pay for a year up front.
    Yeah I paid for a year up front but noticed the payment went through a month or so ago on the re-up. I signed up about two years ago so I can’t remember anything. I think I’m stuck for another year.

My plan renews every March 14 so I’ve set a reminder on my phone to cancel the subscription in early February next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Just looked at my account.
    $24.00 first year.
    $59.99 renewal in February...primarily for Xavier coverage and Shannon.
    Feel like I've been covided.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    You can do either. They ran a half price deal a couple of weeks ago so I paid for a year at half price.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Just looked at my account.
    $24.00 first year.
    $59.99 renewal in February...primarily for Xavier coverage and Shannon.
    Feel like I've been covided.
    amazingly enough i was to renew for $59 in May but my credit card on file was an old one and it did not happen. I am not as big a sports fan as i used to be so a lot of college football, MLB stuff etc went unread. I am sad to find that the younger generation is not that sports mad. In retirement i have substitute taught at an urban school system and except for a little basic NBA there is very little interest among the males. Zero interest in college basketball and recently was with a couple of huge basketball fans (all mid 60s) who said when they went to local high school or small college hoop games the majority of fans "look like us".

The XU athletics or comms dept needs to find a spot for Shannon.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12