Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Virtual Steak Fry With Coach Steele

Because this year's Butler County Steak Fry has been cancelled due to the pandemic, Coach Steele has agreed to answer a curated list of questions from Xavierhoops.com. Many of us consider the Butler County Steak Fry as the unofficial start to the basketball season.

If you've never been to the Steak Fry (and why not?) here is a link to the one that happened in 2018, if you want to know what gets discussed by the staff.

Link to 2018 Steak Fry Recap

So post your questions below, and we will get them over to him. Deadline is Tuesday, June 2.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

This is a really cool opportunity! Thanks to all who made this happen. Also, continued thanks to those who put on this yearly event.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    My question(s) for Coach Steele:

Does he see the PG position next year as a PG by committee approach or is he hoping one player really steps up and takes the reigns at PG and gets the bulk of the minutes there? Does he see Dwon Odom as a pure PG or more of a combo guard?

Thanks!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Any word on Xavier's MTE events beyond 2020? Also, does he see Xavier shifting more to 2 game MTEs as opposed to 3 game tournaments to provide more schedule flexibility now that we are at 20 conference games?

Despite 222,150 views, and 1,986 replies to the thread, no one has been able to answer this important question, but maybe Coach Steele can:

Sooooo, where's the warming?

Bummed that it's been cancelled this year, but understandable I suppose. It is always a fantastic time.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Keeo the questions coming.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

If the Xavier program was a tree, what kind of tree would it be...and why?

Does Coach Steele eat goetta? Does he prefer Eckerlin’s or Glier’s?

What does Coach Steele remember about the Snuggie game?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    Give him the Tate Frazier special: Do you have a message for the haters?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

A couple broad reaching layup questions that could have interesting answers.

Favorite and least favorite road locations to play for staff and players... why?

Hardest decision that you have had to make as head coach at XU?

Proudest moment so far as head coach at XU?