9 25.71%
  • Odom

17 48.57%
  • Johnson

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    There were some perimeter players in the Prosser era that seemed to experience similar regressions: Lumpkin, Mo Mcafee, Lloyd Price. Does anyone with better recollection of that time remember what happened to those three?
    Lumpkin is especially the one that comes to mind. But I was only 13 his senior season so I cant say I have a clear memory of his issues.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Lumpkin is especially the one that comes to mind. But I was only 13 his senior season so I cant say I have a clear memory of his issues.
    Sherwin Anderson, Kenny Harvey, Tyson Brit, and Brien Hanley (at X between 1993-1995)
    I believe Anderson and Brit played the most.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Sherwin Anderson, Kenny Harvey, Tyson Brit, and Brien Hanley (at X between 1993-1995)
    Brit played 2 years, maybe. Didn't see much time. Hanley didn't make it on the court ever (left before the season started, I think...).

Also, we were in the MCC, so talent expectations should be calibrated.

And, I don't think Lumpkin was even at XU from 93-95. He came in for the 95-96 season.

Sophomore
    So seeing Odom as the expected starting PG when the season reaches full swing, I am guessing Scruggs will start at SF. He has the length and strength defend the 3 and I think it could play well to his strength backing it up in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Loved Sherwin Anderson! That guy was the quickest guy on the floor most days.....KyKy reminds me of him.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    So seeing Odom as the expected starting PG when the season reaches full swing, I am guessing Scruggs will start at SF. He has the length and strength defend the 3 and I think it could play well to his strength backing it up in the post.
    That is a unusual prediction. Don't think Scruggy would be comfortable operating in the frontcourt....his game is getting to the paint from the backcourt. I'm hoping Jones or Wilcher can get some traction at the 3.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    Best case scenario, Odom is good enough to start from the get go and we see a bunch of Scruggs, Odom and KyKy at the same time. I don’t care what positions they play.