Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's not going to happen but...

Matt Mclung has entered the transfer portal. The word has it after he talked to NBA scouts the feedback he got was they wanted to see him facilitate more in a PG role. At Georgetown he was more of a two guard so he decided to transfer.

Is there not a more perfect fit for anyone in the country than Mclung to Xavier? I know we have Odom coming in but he would still see significant minutes. For years Xavier has needed a deadly outside shooter and a PG. We can get both with one guy.

Obviously I don't believe it would happen but man that would be the perfect player in the perfect fit for next year's team.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Matt Mclung has entered the transfer portal. The word has it after he talked to NBA scouts the feedback he got was they wanted to see him facilitate more in a PG role. At Georgetown he was more of a two guard so he decided to transfer.

Is there not a more perfect fit for anyone in the country than Mclung to Xavier? I know we have Odom coming in but he would still see significant minutes. For years Xavier has needed a deadly outside shooter and a PG. We can get both with one guy.

Obviously I don't believe it would happen but man that would be the perfect player in the perfect fit for next year's team.
    It can't happen because of Big East rules.

Doesn't he have to sit out a year?

He’s also not a good shooter. He’s under 30% from 3 for his career. That’s what we called the Goodin/Marshall zone around here.

And he has a whole sideshow/camera crew.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post

I think he would be a terrible fit. X has two point guards- Odom and Tandy. That's one reason why the Wichita State guy didn't want to come here- he wants to play point.

So, to recap:

* He can’t come because it’s against the BE rules
    * We don’t want him because he’s not a good shooter, and...
    * We don’t have any minutes for him, anyway.

I’m guessing this is a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    It can't happen because of Big East rules.
    End of discussion. I think we can close this thread now.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sophomore
    That is a big loss for Georgetown. His comments were not exactly an endorsement of the Program. Georgetown has really struggled in the New Big East.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....eorgetown/amp/
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 05-14-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Not that I want him but is it for sure against BE rules? That Purdue player just announced hes transferring to Michigan. Surprised they wouldnt have that but we would.

Personally I think it is dumb that would be a rule but I have heard it is in some conferences.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Not that I want him but is it for sure against BE rules? That Purdue player just announced hes transferring to Michigan. Surprised they wouldnt have that but we would.

Personally I think it is dumb that would be a rule but I have heard it is in some conferences.
    It is a rule in the Big East but the Big 10 got rid of the rule a couple of years ago.