Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kansas in trouble too

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...regious-severe

5...count them FIVE....Level 1 violations

Of course they are using the “we knew nothing” and “it wasn’t us” defense.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...regious-severe

5...count them FIVE....Level 1 violations

Of course they are using the “we knew nothing” and “it wasn’t us” defense.
    Didn’t Kansas trot out Snoop Dog at midnight madness, and he was throwing money around , to make fun of the NCAA? Let’s see if they have any balls and give them what they deserve, and not just take a couple of scholarships away we that they don’t use. Doubt they get much of a punishment.

Supporting Member
    It's about gawd damn time...that piece of shit program has been cheating since self got there if not before then...fuck u rock chawk. Yet, since they are a ncaa cash cow, they will get at most a slap on the wrist. If this was Mizzou, itd be death penalty.
    Last edited by Xville; 05-07-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It's about gawd damn time...that piece of shit program has been cheating since self got there if not before then...fuck u rock chawk. Yet, since they are a ncaa cash cow, they will get at most a slap on the wrist. If this was Mizzou, itd be death penalty.
    The one thing we always agree about on this board, fuck kansas.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Junior
    It's about gawd damn time...that piece of shit. Yet, since they are a ncaa cash cow, they will get at most a slap on the wrist. If this was Mizzou, itd be death penalty.
    I agree KU has been a shit program for quite awhile. However, I don't understand the too big to be punished argument. The NCAA only gets tv money from the tournament. Would them not being in the tournament effect tv ratings? I doubt it. Certainly not enough to change the ty contracts. It just doesn't make sense that they can't get hammered by the NCAA. They did it to Ky.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I agree KU has been a shit program for quite awhile. However, I don't understand the too big to be punished argument. The NCAA only gets tv money from the tournament. Would them not being in the tournament effect tv ratings? I doubt it. Certainly not enough to change the ty contracts. It just doesn't make sense that they can't get hammered by the NCAA. They did it to Ky.
    Correct, and the NCAA Tournament contracts are all signed and in place until 2032 regardless of who is in it or what the ratings are (well, unless it gets cancelled again). By then most people at the NCAA will either be retired or in an entirely different role.

The quote "The NCAA got so mad at Kentucky that they gave Cleveland State three years probation" is admittedly funny. It's also complete nonsense. Cleveland State never got hit with anything so far as I know. There aren't really any examples of smaller programs getting beat up on. If anything they're shone a lot more leniency. And, the guy who said that, was JERRY TARKANIAN!! He coached one of the dirtiest programs of all time, and one of the most popular programs of all time. It's not like UNLV in the late 80s and early 90s was some program on the level of Cleveland State. They were arguably the biggest program in all of NCAA basketball. So that idea that he was a) clean, and b) being unfairly treated because he was the little guy, is redonkulous. But...still kind of funny.

UNLV was Fab Five level huge at that time. And, by the way, the NCAA went after Michigan pretty hard as well. So, I don't know why everyone seems to think that they never go after the big programs. I mean just within the last four or five years both Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville have been ineligible for the postseason.
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-08-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Anyway, Kansas is much further along than Louisville. They received their NOA back around the start of the season. This is roughly how the timeline works...

NOI - Notice of Inquiry, which basically means the NCAA is suspicious about something and intends to investigate. This can last anywhere between a few hours and several years.

NOA - The NCAA is through investigating and gives the school a list of what they have been charged with. (This is where Louisville is...AGAIN)

After that, schools have 90 days to reply and either accept all, some, or none of the allegations.

After the NCAA gets a school's reply, they have another 60 to respond back to the school.

The NCAA has now done that with Kansas. Apparently, all of the original charges from the NOA are still on the table. This is not a good sign because nothing that Kansas said or did during the 90 days made a damn bit of difference. Now, they can either plead guilty (so to speak), or have a hearing with the infractions committee, or go to the brand new IARP, which I'm not really sure how that works since it's so new, but the idea is that if you want a quick hearing and a quick decision then you can go to this new independent board, but what they decide is final and cannot be appealed.

So...we shall see. But I'm betting this does not end well for Kansas.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Correct, and the NCAA Tournament contracts are all signed and in place until 2032 regardless of who is in it or what the ratings are (well, unless it gets cancelled again). By then most people at the NCAA will either be retired or in an entirely different role.

The quote "The NCAA got so mad at Kentucky that they gave Cleveland State three years probation" is admittedly funny. It's also complete nonsense. Cleveland State never got hit with anything so far as I know. There aren't really any examples of smaller programs getting beat up on. If anything they're shone a lot more leniency. And, the guy who said that, was JERRY TARKANIAN!! He coached one of the dirtiest programs of all time, and one of the most popular programs of all time. It's not like UNLV in the late 80s and early 90s was some program on the level of Cleveland State. They were arguably the biggest program in all of NCAA basketball. So that idea that he was a) clean, and b) being unfairly treated because he was the little guy, is redonkulous. But...still kind of funny.

UNLV was Fab Five level huge at that time. And, by the way, the NCAA went after Michigan pretty hard as well. So, I don't know why everyone seems to think that they never go after the big programs. I mean just within the last four or five years both Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville have been ineligible for the postseason.
    Because they don't. Do a quick google search of teams currently on probation...see any blue bloods on that list? Think none of those schools cheat their asses off? There is so much smoke around unc, duke, kansas, uk and those guys have gotten nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Louisville is probably the biggest name on the list and that's because a hooker didnt keep her mouth shut and so the ncaa had to do something.

Check out what happened at Missouri and tell me again if the ncaa would have come down on them like they did if they were a blueblood.

Syracuse, uconn are not cash cows for the ncaa and louisville is fringe.

Because they don't. Do a quick google search of teams currently on probation...see any blue bloods on that list? Think none of those schools cheat their asses off? There is so much smoke around unc, duke, kansas, uk and those guys have gotten nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Louisville is probably the biggest name on the list and that's because a hooker didnt keep her mouth shut and so the ncaa had to do something.

Check out what happened at Missouri and tell me again if the ncaa would have come down on them like they did if they were a blueblood.

Syracuse, uconn are not cash cows for the ncaa and louisville is fringe.
    No program is a cash cow for the NCAA. See the above comment about where the NCAA's revenue actually comes from. Ohio State is a cash cow for the Big Ten, and certainly for themselves. The NCAA makes no more money off of them than they do off of anyone else, and that won't change until at least 2032, and I seriously doubt it will change after that. Not to mention, Ohio State is no stranger to probation either.

The last I looked, of all the schools that have football or men's basketball on any sort of probation, 15 of the 25 are FBS schools, and 10 of those are P5 schools. Of the 288 schools that are not in the P5, only 15 have revenue sports that are on probation, and in at least a few cases its for academics and not infractions. So, proportionally, that isn't who the NCAA is really going after and beating up on.
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-08-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    No program is a cash cow for the NCAA. See the above comment about where the NCAA's revenue actually comes from. Ohio State is a cash cow for the Big Ten, and certainly for themselves. The NCAA makes no more money off of them than they do off of anyone else, and that won't change until at least 2032, and I seriously doubt it will change after that. Not to mention, Ohio State is no stranger to probation either.

The last I looked, of all the schools that have football or men's basketball on any sort of probation, 15 of the 25 are FBS schools, and 10 of those are P5 schools. Of the 288 schools that are not in the P5, only 15 have revenue sports that are on probation, and in at least a few cases its for academics and not infractions. So, proportionally, that isn't who the NCAA is really going after and beating up on.
    In black and white hard dollars and in what's reported, yes you are right.