X's recruiting process

There is a very interesting article in today's Enquirer (and cincinnati.com) by Adam Baum, X's beat writer, outlining how Xavier basketball recruits. You should be able to find it at cincinnati.com. It focuses on Trey Scotti, Xavier's full time video coordinator. If you're on-line, you can find it by clicking on 'SPORTS' near the top of the Cincinnati.com opening page. Then you can select 'Meet the staffer at the center of XU's digital recruiting operation' under the heading of 'MOST RECENT.'

Link in 2021 Recruiting thread

Sophomore
    I you are interested Kyle Castlin idled by this strike (he was doing well for Salt Lake City and could have helped us more) had a 1 hour show with Scotti and Tom Stayer about making it in the basketball world. Castlin is a deep thinker and I hope he can break through in media if not basketball (although his highlights from the G league are eye opening). How hard it is to break through, all the rejection etc. Not all peaches and cream

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I you are interested Kyle Castlin idled by this strike (he was doing well for Salt Lake City and could have helped us more) had a 1 hour show with Scotti and Tom Stayer about making it in the basketball world. Castlin is a deep thinker and I hope he can break through in media if not basketball (although his highlights from the G league are eye opening). How hard it is to break through, all the rejection etc. Not all peaches and cream
    "doing well" for a G League team is pretty relative i guess.

Sophomore
    for a guy who had to pay $150 to try out to end up with a few double figure games (and I recognize a number of player including Trevon, Has(from Purdue), Morgan from Indiana), Oni(from Yale) it is heady stuff. Not going to NBA but a nice story and an intelligent guy(like all X players follow on twitter)