Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    It’s not about punishing a building, it’s about punishing an organization. Not the whole organization either, only the part that broke the rules. This serves as A warning to both other parts of the organization AND other organizations. In addition, you punish the people that broke the rules of the association by keeping them from being able to work for any other members of the association. That serves as a deterrent to others who work in the same field.

The problem that I see is that most of the time the NCAA punishes the organization after the employed people have left, and never punishes the people Involved very harshly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Hammer the institution PERIOD? You don't think anything should happen to Pitino, or Jurich, or the other coaches?

I don't mind if Louisville gets hammered. I kind of do mind if no one else does. How is that an incentive for individual dickheads to not break any rules if they can sidestep all responsibility by just leaving and going somewhere else?

Pitino shouldn't be able to coach at Iona next year without a show cause. If Louisville gets a postseason ban, then Iona gets one as well so long as Pitino remains their coach. He shouldn't be coaching anywhere. Louisville getting hammered really doesn't accomplish much if the guys who actually did it don't have anything happen to them.
    Sorry if you ,mis interpreted or I was unclear. Oh yeah hammer individuals too. Bruce Pearl should be out of college basketball as should Pitino and others. But in this case the "individuals" are gone so make sure you hammer the school and all of their big money slimy hangers on too, so they won't think of cheating again.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yikes. I sure hope Book Richardson or Sean Miller weren't doing anything on our campus.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Yikes. I sure hope Book Richardson or Sean Miller weren't doing anything on our campus.
    Fr. Hoff is dead and Bobo went rogue. We're good. Fr. Graham would convince the NCAA that a reflection session is punishment enough (I'd prefer probation!) \\

To paraphrase a great quote- "Louisville committed NCAA violations? Boy, Cleveland State is in trouble now."

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I guess, but every single person involved in hiring the perpetrators here got fired. No one there was around at the time of the scandal. Even the BOT turned over. That seems like a pretty good deterrent not to engage in said cheating activities.
    I don't get this. The University fired people for not doing what they were supposed to do. But the university has not been punished for not doing what it's supposed to do.

What is the deal with the U of L??

https://sports.yahoo.com/dead-body-f...004927769.html

The comments section is funny.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

And more from the Louisville cancer:

https://sports.yahoo.com/assistant-k...031325819.html

And Pitino just sails along to another nice payday. Complete scum.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I don't get this. The University fired people for not doing what they were supposed to do. But the university has not been punished for not doing what it's supposed to do.
    Well, what is "the university "? Everyone who could have done something was tossed. Unless you want to give a show cause to the governor, I suppose.