Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Louisville Receives Notice of Allegations from the NCAA

Supporting Member
    This is from bowen right? This isnt yet another thing is it? Itd be hilarious if it was.

I heard that the NCAA is going to ban UL from the 2020 NCAA Tournament as punishment.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    This is from bowen right? This isnt yet another thing is it? Itd be hilarious if it was.
    All from the prior coaches and the player involved has to do with Bowen. Weird the university was hit with a level 1 allegation, but Ricky only a level 2. My guess is a couple of scholarships get pulled, that they would never use to begin with. Doubt they get a post season ban. It will probably hurt recruiting a little until it gets settled.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    All from the prior coaches and the player involved has to do with Bowen. Weird the university was hit with a level 1 allegation, but Ricky only a level 2. My guess is a couple of scholarships get pulled, that they would never use to begin with. Doubt they get a post season ban. It will probably hurt recruiting a little until it gets settled.
    Didn't you know that Pitino said that "he didn't know anything about this"? He also said the same think about the hookers. It sucks that he has these renegade assistants who keep cheating without his knowledge or approval. I just hope he finds some honest assistants at Iona.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I just hope he finds some honest assistants at Iona.
    Former home of compulsive cheat Jimmy V? Doesn't seem likely.

Supporting Member
    I'd agree, but they are still on probation so that may complicate things for them. Regardless, it will be another year before a decision is made one way or the other.

Not necessarily because they were already on probation and went rogue again. Even Mack knew there might be another round of punishment and that is why his contract contains an extra year in it for every additional year that Louisewer is on probation with no Tournament.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'd agree, but they are still on probation so that may complicate things for them. Regardless, it will be another year before a decision is made one way or the other.
    Yeah, just about. Louisville has 90 days to respond, the NCAA then has 60 days to respond to the response, and then if Louisville appeals it could be another 150 days.

I have no love for Louisville, but I'm actually sort of pulling for them a little bit. In their response they need to try and saddle as much of it as possible with the individuals who are listed in the NOI since all were fired and none of them are actually there anymore. And, since they are the ones that actually did it, it kind of seems as justified as it does practical, to try and saddle them with it. The best thing that they have going for them is that they fired everybody. Even the university president is different now. That probably won't get them all the way through the storm, but it's no small thing.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yeah, just about. Louisville has 90 days to respond, the NCAA then has 60 days to respond to the response, and then if Louisville appeals it could be another 150 days.

I have no love for Louisville, but I'm actually sort of pulling for them a little bit. In their response they need to try and saddle as much of it as possible with the individuals who are listed in the NOI since all were fired and none of them are actually there anymore. And, since they are the ones that actually did it, it kind of seems as justified as it does practical, to try and saddle them with it. The best thing that they have going for them is that they fired everybody. Even the university president is different now. That probably won't get them all the way through the storm, but it's no small thing.
    But it's the "Institution" that has profited from the malfeasance. Not necessarily individuals, although the malfeasance brought in more dirty money that the Institution could pay the former and new people. It's the Institution that has to be made to pay, because it profited at the expense of others who didn't cheat. IMO
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell