Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I want UC to win that game for one reason only. It will make Xavier's win over UC look even better. Mack leaving with an L is just a bonus.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I get the sentiment....but they play Kentucky EVERY YEAR.
    I used to root for Louisville in that game, but not since Mack took the job.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'm all for hating UC (or anyone else) for whatever reasons you want to hate them for. Just for me personally, they really don't bother me. From the time I got to Xavier, X has dominated the series and totally outperformed them on a national level. Even when we've lost, it's kind of been like "Oh well. We have more of what we want than what they do, and they've never really taken anything away from us or stopped us from getting anything. So, I don't really care about them. Louisville grinds my nerves a lot more than UC does.
    Is there any team you do "hate"?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Is there any team you do "hate"?
    Kentucky basketball, Ohio State football and basketball, and Alabama football. If you asked me to rank those I'm not really sure how I would. I guess it would depend on the day.

Louisville is probably right behind those.

I'm not really a fan of Duke either, although I don't mind them as much as I used to for some reason.

EDIT: This isn't so much a team, but the Indiana Basketball/Notre Dame Football group....No. Not a fan of those, uhh, fans. If you like Indiana, then great. If you like Notre Dame, then great. If you like them both in both sports, I can actually live with that. But if you identify with only Notre Dame in football and Indiana in basketball, then you shouldn't be allowed to claim either one of them. I don't know if this phenomenon exists anywhere else, but if it does then it needs to stop!
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-05-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

There used to be a pretty sizeable Kentucky basketball/Tennessee football contingent in certain parts of the Kentucky/Tennessee border region. That makes less sense now (which is saying something given that it never made any sense!).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    There used to be a pretty sizeable Kentucky basketball/Tennessee football contingent in certain parts of the Kentucky/Tennessee border region. That makes less sense now (which is saying something given that it never made any sense!).
    It makes sense because so many people are “front runners”. UK football was the doormat of the SEC for so long, and TN Basketball has been in that spot more often than not. On the other hand, TN football has had quite a bit of success and is extremely popular in terms of number of fans that attend the games, and UK basketball has been championship caliper more often than not. It’s only a few hours to Lexington or Knoxville, either way, for many people that live in southern KY/northern TN. Many have relatives living in both states and travel extensively in both states. Both fan bases are also untied in their disdain for Louisville...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It makes sense because so many people are “front runners”. UK football was the doormat of the SEC for so long, and TN Basketball has been in that spot more often than not. On the other hand, TN football has had quite a bit of success and is extremely popular in terms of number of fans that attend the games, and UK basketball has been championship caliper more often than not. It’s only a few hours to Lexington or Knoxville, either way, for many people that live in southern KY/northern TN. Many have relatives living in both states and travel extensively in both states. Both fan bases are also untied in their disdain for Louisville...lol.
    This is only okay if someone in your family played basketball at UK, and someone else played football at UT. I don't even think it should even include your extended family. Just your immediate family! These bandwagoners need to be treated like the pariahs they are!

Well, I'm confused.
    I'm a Xavier BB fan (duh).
    We don't have football (although we did when I attended). So I picked a football team to support...Gamecocks.

Now, that's sort of like being a Cubs fan since we are the doormat of the SEC East, but still. I had to pick, and the other choice was Clempson.
    No thank you.

Does all that make me a bandwagoner?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Well, I'm confused.
    I'm a Xavier BB fan (duh).
    We don't have football (although we did when I attended). So I picked a football team to support...Gamecocks.

Now, that's sort of like being a Cubs fan since we are the doormat of the SEC East, but still. I had to pick, and the other choice was Clempson.
    No thank you.

Does all that make me a bandwagoner?
    No, of course not!! For a couple of reasons...

You're not turning your back on Xavier's football team and deciding to root for a different one instead.

And, like you said, South Carolina isn't exactly a team that fans bandwagon toward.

The IUBB/NDFB thing isn't quite as bad as being a South Carolina basketball fan and a Clemson football fan, but it's still utterly ridiculous!

You strike me as a very sensible person. If someone told you they liked Clemson in football and South Carolina in hoops, what would you think?? That's entirely different than liking a local football team if your own alma mater doesn't have one. Well, unless that local team is Ohio State. No one should be able to like them!
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-05-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    If someone told you they liked Clemson in football and South Carolina in hoops, what would you think??
    They didn't live in South Carolina.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.