Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Oklahoma is going to start paying their Football, Basketball, and Softball players 40-50k per year.
    Men's only? Title IX lawsuits begin?

Junior
    Softball is women, so is womens bball.
    Last edited by JTG; 04-25-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Softball is women, so is womens bball.
    But, what if one identifies as…….

Never mind…..

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    What makes it silly....you don't think it will occur or its occurrence will not be on a material enough scale to matter?

I see NIL creating many issues; team chemistry is just one. I think it will be huge and will quickly become a clear and obvious issue. I cannot wait to see how Miami tries to manage through the issues that Pack's $800K deal is going to create.
    What are the issues? Players who arent as good and thus can't get NIL deals like this are jealous? How is this different than a player who isnt as good who doesnt get as much playing time and is jealous of another player?

I don't buy fractured locker rooms for a second. At least no on a large scale or one that matters.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Men's only? Title IX lawsuits begin?
    Title IX really doesn't mean what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    What are the issues? Players who arent as good and thus can't get NIL deals like this are jealous? How is this different than a player who isnt as good who doesnt get as much playing time and is jealous of another player?

I don't buy fractured locker rooms for a second. At least no on a large scale or one that matters.
    With all due respect (get ready! :-)), I think it can create a tiered status that is not “we are all in this together”, on an equal basis.

I appreciate that you don’t believe it will matter, but I hope you will consider that it might matter if guys don’t feel “together” on the issue.

This is going to be more complicated and have far more unintended consequences than people can imagine. YES, it was happening all along (maybe going back to Wooden), but putting it above board adds a new element. Not loving or hating, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    With all due respect (get ready! :-)), I think it can create a tiered status that is not “we are all in this together”, on an equal basis.

I appreciate that you don’t believe it will matter, but I hope you will consider that it might matter if guys don’t feel “together” on the issue.

This is going to be more complicated and have far more unintended consequences than people can imagine. YES, it was happening all along (maybe going back to Wooden), but putting it above board adds a new element. Not loving or hating, just saying.
    There always has been and always will be jealousy among some players on some teams at various times for various reasons. I don't get though how a player with a big NIL deal who comes to practice like everyone else, who plays hard every game like everyone else, who is (most likely) the best or one of the best players on the team, will be creating a we are not all in this together atmosphere?

I would love to see an anonymous poll of players on this topic.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

There always has been and always will be jealousy among some players on some teams at various times for various reasons. I don't get though how a player with a big NIL deal who comes to practice like everyone else, who plays hard every game like everyone else, who is (most likely) the best or one of the best players on the team, will be creating a we are not all in this together atmosphere?

I respect your opinion here, but I have reservations. I won’t pretend to be an expert on locker room dynamics.

I just hope the new arrangements don’t mess up a great thing.

Honestly bro. You are delusional.

You want to do a poll of the players? Wonder what that will reveal?

I have an idea. Let’s give people mansions and then ask the people that got the mansions to tell us what they think about the decision to give them mansions.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Honestly bro. You are delusional.

You want to do a poll of the players? Wonder what that will reveal?

I have an idea. Let’s give people mansions and then ask the people that got the mansions to tell us what they think about the decision to give them mansions.
    Try and keep up Hett. Reading comprehension is tough. Take another crack at what the poll would be about.