Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    From a basketball prospective, I think the conferences should model themselves like the NBA bubble. Pick a site where the conference games will all be played and quarantine the players. They can complete all their courses remotely. Play conference games only and see where the virus is at come March Madness.

I am not even a huge fan of the NBA, but watching basketball the last week or so has been a nice change of pace from all the craziness.

Play all the games @ Cintas. I like it!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    From a basketball prospective, I think the conferences should model themselves like the NBA bubble. Pick a site where the conference games will all be played and quarantine the players. They can complete all their courses remotely. Play conference games only and see where the virus is at come March Madness.

I am not even a huge fan of the NBA, but watching basketball the last week or so has been a nice change of pace from all the craziness.
    I don’t think you can do that but could be wrong. I think there is something in the rules that would then make them professional athletes because they would be handled differently than the rest of the student body. Not to mention the huge extra added cost for each program to pay for hotels you would have to put them in for a considerable amount of time. And the virus will still be here in March. I think we are at least a year away from any kind of reliable vaccine. You either play and see what happens or shut it all down again. Let players make decisions if they want to play or not.

Junior
    Players would absolutely love that.

0% chance they would be able to do something like that. I do think AD's and Presidents are extremely worried about what is happening- can't afford to lose out on this amount of money. They will try anything and everything..

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I don’t think you can do that but could be wrong. I think there is something in the rules that would then make them professional athletes because they would be handled differently than the rest of the student body. Not to mention the huge extra added cost for each program to pay for hotels you would have to put them in for a considerable amount of time. And the virus will still be here in March. I think we are at least a year away from any kind of reliable vaccine. You either play and see what happens or shut it all down again. Let players make decisions if they want to play or not.
    No. You're not wrong.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

According to this, Ohio fans might not see live sports for a while.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ll/3290350001/

Div3 Fall championships have been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    No. You're not wrong.
    I think it could happen for the whole time between Thanksgiving and MLK day when students won't be on campus anyway. That's a pretty good start.

Quote Originally Posted by XU '11 View Post
    I think it could happen for the whole time between Thanksgiving and MLK day when students won't be on campus anyway. That's a pretty good start.
    No, it won’t.

It’s not just the players. It’s the coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, support staff, GA’s, trainers, SIDs, referees (who, believe me, are not going to move in to a bubble for 8 weeks), and everyone else that has any contact at all with the players.

It won’t happen in college sports.
    Last edited by xubrew; 08-08-2020 at 09:02 AM.

MAC cancels fall sports. I believe they are the first FBS conference to do so. Don’t think they’ll be the last.