Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    No context is needed. You freaked out, and X eventually got one of its best recruiting classes in school history. Learn from your mistakes.

I will add- X will miss out on a bunch of players EVERY single year. They offer many more scholarships than will be accepted.
    Or, it could be like 2018. None of us know at this point. I dont blame anyone for being concerned at this point. Yes it could turn into 2013, and we have one of the best recruiting classes maybe ever, but it could turn into 18 where x struck out on everyone, and x still has not fully recovered from that class.

Pulling something that someone said at one point in time without any context is disingenuous at best.

And the ones pointing to playing time as to why it's ok if our 21 class is not strong is really effing lame. At best, there will be 6 players after this coming year in the rotation and that's if everyone in 2020 plans out which history says it wont. Dont make excuses for recruiting misses if 21 ends up being a dud. I'm hopeful that it wont be, but none of us know at this point.
    Last edited by Xville; 06-23-2020 at 11:39 AM.

I will add- X will miss out on a bunch of players EVERY single year. They offer many more scholarships than will be accepted.
    Last week was the first time that schools were allowed to officially contact players in the 2022 class. X made about a dozen scholarship offers over 2 days. Guess what?.....So did just about every other school. Schools are making offers to freshman. I’ve even heard of an 8th grader getting offered. It’s become the trend for schools to offer more and more scholarships to younger and younger players. The players seem to think it means the schools actually “care” about them. Xavier still has some offers out for 2020 kids, and they have 40+ offers out for 2021. It’s a game and you can drive yourselves nuts trying to guess what 16-17-18 year old kids are going to do a year or two from now. All the recruiting gurus are doing is making a guess. It might be based on conversations they have had with family, or it might be based on rumors. Personally, I don’t place much stock in what they predict and how they say a kid is leaning. I only know that X is working hard, hopefully within the boundaries of the rules, and that they will field a team. So I’m not going to worry myself over it.

Sophomore
    No context is needed. You freaked out, and X eventually got one of its best recruiting classes in school history. Learn from your mistakes.

Yes, context is needed. Also, we are not talking about every recruit that X has ever offered in 2021. IÂ’m not taking about recruits like Kuminga who we offered and had no shot at. IÂ’m talking about guys like Goode, Brooks, Cornish, Duncomb, Barnhitzer, Wiznitzer, Etc. Guys we put a lot of time and resources on who go other places. It is a cause for concern. Hopefully Steele can get two of Hawkins, Branham or Holt and IÂ’ll be happy. Hopefully that happens and we donÂ’t have to look at plan B and C guys. SteeleÂ’s last two classes have been pretty solid but we canÂ’t afford to have a weak class if we have aspirations of going to the final four in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Yes, context is needed. Also, we are not talking about every recruit that X has ever offered in 2021. IÂ’m not taking about recruits like Kuminga who we offered and had no shot at. IÂ’m talking about guys like Goode, Brooks, Cornish, Duncomb, Barnhitzer, Wiznitzer, Etc. Guys we put a lot of time and resources on who go other places. It is a cause for concern. Hopefully Steele can get two of Hawkins, Branham or Holt and IÂ’ll be happy. Hopefully that happens and we donÂ’t have to look at plan B and C guys. SteeleÂ’s last two classes have been pretty solid but we canÂ’t afford to have a weak class if we have aspirations of going to the final four in the near future.
    I can't figure out if you're just an irrational X fan or a troll.

What do other posters think?

Sophomore
    I am an irrational fan or a troll because I am concerned about the 2021 class?
    Last edited by xuphan; 06-23-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I am an irrational fan or a troll because I am concerned about the 2021 class?
    You do a lot of irrational "worrying" and complaining, which is why I wonder if you're just a troll. There's a reason you have all those red dots under your name.

Heyyyyyy, you tried to neg rep me. Shame on you. But due to all your red dots, it has no effect.
    Last edited by XU 87; 06-23-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I can't figure out if you're just an irrational X fan or a troll.

What do other posters think?
    I vote "troll". That's why I have him/her on "Ignore". However this troll gets quoted so often in responding posts that unfortunately, I am unable to ignore most of his/her posts.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    You do a lot of irrational "worrying" and complaining, which is why I wonder if you're just a troll. There's a reason you have all those red dots under your name.
    he seems like a little of both. But i can't blame anyone for being concerned about the '21 class at this point, because they have missed on everyone they wanted so far. Still quite a few out there though. Hopefully Xavier can land 2 really good ones. Don't need quantity with this class, but always need quality.

I personally am not too concerned yet, but probably will be if we don't have anyone by the time late August/September comes around though.

All-Conference
    Let me re-phrase. I wish Xavier would have more than enough recruits and have them battle it out for playing time. That's the best case scenario. But that happens less and less - and less.

I will also admit that the lack of recruits worries me. We're not landing guys, but we're also not seeing a bunch that are very strongly leaning towards X. Most classes have 1-2 guys that we pretty much know are coming.

It just seems we don't land our priority 1A guy very often over the past 5 years.

Sophomore
    Being concerned about the 2021 class isn’t irrational or being a troll. Hopefully Steele can land a quality commitment from Hawkins, Holt or Branham here soon so “irrational” fans, trolls, whatever you want to call me can stop worrying about this class.