Thread: 2021 Recruiting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sophomore

2021 Recruiting

Starting this thread for 2021 recruiting news and thoughts, since everyone seems to be posting in a thread about someone going to another school.

I am praying this becomes a very happy thread in time......

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Starting this thread for 2021 recruiting news and thoughts, since everyone seems to be posting in a thread about someone going to another school.
    Glad we finally have one started. Thanks.

I noticed the other day that there had not been anything set up for “2021 Recruiting” in the Musketeer Recruiting section.

I don’t care if it lives here or there, but it’s good to have 2021 recruiting thread started.

Can anyone list the bigs we are in on from the 2021 class?

I am only seeing one or two that some of the sites are mentioning. I would think it would be a priority to land one, since we didn’t get one in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

I am only seeing one or two that some of the sites are mentioning. I would think it would be a priority to land one, since we didn’t get one in 2020.
    https://247sports.com/college/xavier...tball/Targets/

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

I don’t know. They have Zach, Dieonte and Daniel, all bigs. I think the idea is play with more guards and less bigs. Colby can also play a forward spot.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I don’t know. They have Zach, Dieonte and Daniel, all bigs. I think the idea is play with more guards and less bigs. Colby can also play a forward spot.
    I was excited about Ramsey when we got him, but I guess I’ve just been wondering about this lingering injury of his and the possibility that it may never quite heal to the point where he can play at the same level. If I am wrong (and I hope that I am) I would feel better hearing from Steele a definitive “Daniel is completely healed and back at 100%, ready to be a big contributor next season.”

I think it is always good to have at least three very capable bigs plus a freshman big who may or may not be ready but would be available if needed. Right now we only have Freemantle and an unproven pair with Miles and Ramsey after next season.

One would think Travis would make it a priority to land at least one talented big in the 2021 class. Like I said, I am not seeing many we are in on. I was hoping someone knew of a a few serious targets in addition to the very few being reported on the usual sites.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-22-2020 at 04:18 PM.

VC has Xavier CURRENTLY with 10 offers out for 2021 players listed as either Center or Power Forward, that’s after 2 others committed elsewhere this week. That’s more than a few IMO. How serious are they? How interested are the players mentioned? That’s very hard to judge, especially in today’s situation. However, Rivals has a at least a couple of them as having done virtual visits to Xavier. How many have actually virtually or physically visited, how many have attended games, how often do the coaches reach out to these players, what kind of relationships do the players and coaches have? I don’t know anywhere that we can get that information.