Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting

Some tape on Elijah Tucker....He's #23.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v4v5JFwB77I
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Some tape on Elijah Tucker....He's #23.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v4v5JFwB77I
    Brian Snow of 24/7 fame has picked X as his future home.....hope he is correct.

Supporting Member
    Not exactly a who's who of college basketball offers and his rating is meh. Hope this is a case of being a late bloomer and not having an AAU season to update his ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    You can't compare Kunkel to Redford. Redford had virtually no speed or athleticism whatsoever. Redford was also 3 inches shorter.
    True, but they are both white guards. Therefore, they must be similar players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Not exactly a who's who of college basketball offers and his rating is meh. Hope this is a case of being a late bloomer and not having an AAU season to update his ranking.
    Sounds like it more he has a lot of upside, late bloomer type. I think Xavier probably feels with the talent in the program he is one they plan to develop and not have to play right away. Seems long and athletic but rail thin. Has some inside outside skill it appears. Sometimes you have to take a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Mixed feelings for me on Elijah based on what video I can find. That slow release from distance won't get it done and needs to be corrected. He does have a nice frame to work with and looks to have some athleticism when attacking the rim.

I have long expected Dwon Odom would help reel in HS teammate Jusaun Holt, who X has also offered. He is in the same 125-150 range on most recruiting sites and appears to be a similar player, but he is a couple inches shorter and has to get in the weight room asap. He does come with built in chemistry with Odom, so that's a plus.

It would be hard to get too excited about either...even more so if we get both. It's very early yet. I know we can do better.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 08-12-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I know it doesn’t always translate but has some good genes. Elijah’s dad played football at Tennessee and the NFL. His Mom played for the women Vols.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Sounds like it more he has a lot of upside, late bloomer type. I think Xavier probably feels with the talent in the program he is one they plan to develop and not have to play right away. Seems long and athletic but rail thin. Has some inside outside skill it appears. Sometimes you have to take a chance.
    I have the same impression.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I have the same impression.
    I feel like this should have triggered a rant about missing out on every single priority recruit and this this type of recruit won't help us win the final four in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblue View Post
    I feel like this should have triggered a rant about missing out on every single priority recruit and this this type of recruit won't help us win the final four in April.
    That trigger is on a 7 day vacation!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens