Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    In a typical year i'd say September.
    Yes or maybe even October. Right now, only 4 of 11 Big East teams have a player who has committed.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Yes or maybe even October. Right now, only 4 of 11 Big East teams have a player who has committed.
    Ike to Maryland. Very disappointed we missed on Ike Cornish. Hopefully we will get somebody from the class of 21 soon.

Shit. Who's the next top wing recruit then???
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Shit. Who's the next top wing recruit then???
    Brooks Barnhizer is the next option. Three star wing out of Indiana. Sounds like he is a heavy Butler lean but we will see I guess. Steele is suppose to have good connections in Indiana so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Ike to Maryland. Very disappointed we missed on Ike Cornish. Hopefully we will get somebody from the class of 21 soon.
    That has been expected for several weeks, if not longer.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    That has been expected for several weeks, if not longer.
    Still hurts because the staff made him a high priority and we spent a lot of resources recruiting him. Was hoping he would commit and be the catalyst for others in the class of 21. This extended dead period has really hurt our 21 class. Hopefully we can get back to normal and Steele can still salvage a good class.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Still hurts because the staff made him a high priority and we spent a lot of resources recruiting him. Was hoping he would commit and be the catalyst for others in the class of 21. This extended dead period has really hurt our 21 class. Hopefully we can get back to normal and Steele can still salvage a good class.
    I'm concerned about this class. I know people keep saying not to worry but not having at least 1 in the fold has me concerned at this point. Hall, nova, butler, creighton, depaul all have at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'm concerned about this class. I know people keep saying not to worry but not having at least 1 in the fold has me concerned at this point. Hall, nova, butler, creighton, depaul all have at least one.
    Surprised Nova doesn’t have more. They had zero last year. If no one by the end of August then maybe worry. Problem with this year is that kids can’t visit schools so a lot are waiting. Coaches are also being more deliberate because they didn’t have the luxury of AAU season to scout and evaluate and find some late bloomers. So now they are watching a ton of higH school tape, which is not what they usually do to find guys. At least 90 of the top 150 prospects in Scouts rankings have yet to commit to a school.

It’s not that the coaches aren’t working, they have over 40 offers out right now for 2021. But kids are taking their time and many are waiting until they can do some official visits. Right now they can walk around campus, but that’s about it. Can’t blame kids for wanting to make actual visits before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It’s not that the coaches aren’t working, they have over 40 offers out right now for 2021. But kids are taking their time and many are waiting until they can do some official visits. Right now they can walk around campus, but that’s about it. Can’t blame kids for wanting to make actual visits before committing.
    Agree. 2018 is still in most minds on this board including mine.