Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology

This is a really strange year. While the majority of the BE has played 17 or 18 conference games, we have played the least so far...11.
    I wonder how badly that might hurt us when they use the unknown NET formula in selecting teams for the dance.
    Only thing to do is keep winning.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This is a really strange year. While the majority of the BE has played 17 or 18 conference games, we have played the least so far...11.
    I wonder how badly that might hurt us when they use the unknown NET formula in selecting teams for the dance.
    Only thing to do is keep winning.
    It might be a positive.
    No Q3 or Q4 losses.
    2-2 Q1
    4-3 Q2

This feels somewhat like the position we were in last year. X was safely in with a week to play but couldn't manage to get one last win. There are 3 games left counting 1 tournament game. If we can win just 1 of the 3, we finish with a .500 league record. That will be good enough coupled with the 2 marquee wins.

Scruggy is healthy this time and primed to go out with a BANG!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    If we can win just 1 of the 3, we finish with a .500 league record. That will be good enough coupled with the 2 marquee wins.
    I would not bank on this at all.

Supporting Member
    I think if x wins one more they would be safe, but who knows. It’s be best to just win the next two and lock it up. Most likely first round be matchup is going to be UConn or seton hall, neither of which are great matchups for x.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I would not bank on this at all.
    You must not think the Big East carries it's usual power cache this year. Yes, the league probably does have a little down perception but not to the point where .500 doesn't punch a ticket, especially when you have an ass whippin' of a top 10 on your resume.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    You must not think the Big East carries it's usual power cache this year. Yes, the league probably does have a little down perception but not to the point where .500 doesn't punch a ticket, especially when you have an ass whippin' of a top 10 on your resume.
    Be is not as strong as usual, but regardless would be best to just not leave it up to chance.

In regards to the top ten...do you mean Oklahoma? They are going to drop a ton tomorrow after two losses this week. Not saying it wasn’t a great win, just not as shiny as it was last week.

I think that Xavier needs 2 wins out of the next 3 to make the tournament. Oklahoma and Creighton are pretty close to not being a Quad 1 win so we need those teams to stay inside the top 30.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Last year X looked like they would be good to go by just beating DePaul in the 1st round of the tournament but then lost. That I think would have cost them a bid. That was a bad loss. If they can finish in the top 5 they avoid that kind of game. If they finish 6th or 7th then they play 11th or 10th place team and that would become a must win.

Going to be tough to win these next 2 games even though they are against sub par teams it is always hard to win on the road especially for X this year.

Not playing Nova this year was a blessing and a curse. Kept them higher in the standings but 1 win over Nova would have locked them in even if at home.

Not playing Depaul same thing kept them from 2 wins but also kept them from a season crushing loss.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Currently the concensus on Bracket Matrix has X as a 12 seed, which is right in line with the current NET rating. So X is last 4 in right now by those metrics. Losing 2 of 3 would put X squarely on the bubble. Don't want a Seton Hall game in NY to be a must win situation.